Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Baby Lock - CORONET

Hi, I am considering purchasing this mid-arm.

I am hopeful that some one else has purchased this machine and could or would provide some pros/cons about their purchase please.

What was included in your purchase? (I mean items, laser light, sylist, rear handles, etc.,)

What thread seems to work best for your machine? (I can look at thread all day long....but goodness me)

Where their any panto's provided at the time of purchase?

What did you wish had been added (accessories?) at the time of purchase?

PS I did attempt to search, and I just don't see where other's have purchased this machine. So I am concerned.

Thank you all in advance for your time and input.
    There are no perfect quilts, because I am a imperfect quilter.

Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Baby Lock - CORONET

There are numerous videos on YouTube. Have you viewed any of those? You should be able to Google some reviews & learn some prices that way. The Coronet is considered a LA, just as are the Tiara table models. I didn't have room for a larger frame, even a Coronet, so chose the Tiara because I want to sit down to quilt, not stand. I've been very satisfied with my Baby Lock Tiara II. I use mostly 40 wt. cotton quilting thread both on the top & in the bobbin. You should be able to use any kind of thread; you just have to play around with the tension to get the stitch right. That takes some getting used to.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

FYI, the Babylock Coronet is manufactured by HandiQuilter and is the twin of the HandiQuilter Simply Sixteen. You may be able to get the Simply Sixteen cheaper. I have done tons of research into the Simply Sixteen and you do not get the rear handles and laser light with the machine. They are optional accessories. Unless you can swing a deal with your dealer?

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Video is limited. Yes I have been told that Coronet and HQ are the same.

Was looking for personal experience from any one who currently owns one.

Thank you all for your input.
    There are no perfect quilts, because I am a imperfect quilter.

Sharon