Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default WIP: Week of March 18

I'm sitting here at the airport, realizing that it is the first time we've ever been here during daylight hours! We usually arrive at 1 am and depart at 4am, we have a 18:30 flight this evening and got here too early to check in

I've got some hexies and some yo-yos packed in my bag along with a fancy coloring book. We are looking forward to a low stress week exploring Tbilisi, Georgia. My son is a little bummed we aren't going to Atlanta, GA, USA, but I think they'll enjoy it anyway!

Well, since I can't get much done this week I will have to live vicariously through y'all.

Show us what you're quilting this week!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP: Week of March 18

I finished my Kaffee Fassett quilt and am waiting for the sun to peak out through the clouds to take a picture. My templates for the Martelli Notions fall contest arrived Friday. The deadline for submissions is April 7. I need to get to work. Wish me luck.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3345.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	128.3 KB 
ID:	141158
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

3. Thanks Midge thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have a quilt ready to be sandwiched, do that monday at work. So much easier to use the large tables in the conference room than crawl around on my floor at home. I did find this link in my email this morning...
    http://makeitorfixit.com/sewing-how-...-kit-turn-out/
    Been racking my brain on using the Harry Potter fat quarters without cutting them up too much. Found use for one of them! A roll up first aid kit. My daughter loves Harry Potter and she has two little girls so I will have to make sure I use one the spaces for lollipops!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy travels to you Rockinlou, hope you have a wonderful trip.

Denise, I'm intrigued. Can't wait to see what you create for the upcoming contest. I'm sure it will be spectacular!

I've been working a lot of hours these past 4 weeks (average 60 hours a week), so haven't had much time each evening to work on projects, but yesterday at 2pm my boss kicked me out of the office with instructions not to return until Monday! Woo Hoo, first full weekend off in a month, so going to enjoy every minute of it playing & sewing!

As for what I'm working on, well for the March fantastic finishing group project, I've decided to go ahead and send to my longarm gal. It's a quilt that's been sitting in my UFO closet for a little over a year waiting for my fmq skills to improve. But I feel that this quilt deserves better than I will ever be able to do on my domestic machine (quilt is 80x80) and it deserves better than that. So, I'm still practicing my hand quilting on a bowtie quilt, so far I'm pleased with my first attempt, won't win any ribbons in a quilt show, but I'm loving the experience.

I have another quilt that I'm fmq on my domestic, but ran out of the purple bobbin thread with only about another hour of quilting to go..., so it's on hold until I can get to the store to buy another spool.

Last night I started a pinwheel quilt, just to use up a bunch of solid color charm packs that I have on hand, it will be bright & colorful. It's coming to gether really quick, so will probably have the top finished this weekend, well at least the pinwheel part. The border is going to be scrappy, so that may take a little longer.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, no recent sewing here, some stomach bug hit my family hard. My 3yr old granddaughter spent two days in hospital, she is home now. I can't believe she is three already. We are having her party this weekend.

I've started the first of four Moana quilts. I was planning to just make one,for the bday girl, but the other kids saw it and all want a Moana quilt. How can I say no. Happy sewing everyone.
    Anita G.

7. Thanks Juliet Taylor thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I still haven't gotten the $20 hand dyed threads I ordered from Canada...they are for the March project for Sylvia's finishing group, is why I am antsy.

Just to give myself something to do I decided to embroider some towels for Easter. I put a row of little tulips in pastel colors at the bottoms of two white towels. It's this microfiber fabric that feels strangelysticky or prickly, but it is very absorbent... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Good luck with everyone's projects!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RockinLou View Post
    I'm sitting here at the airport, realizing that it is the first time we've ever been here during daylight hours! We usually arrive at 1 am and depart at 4am, we have a 18:30 flight this evening and got here too early to check in

I've got some hexies and some yo-yos packed in my bag along with a fancy coloring book. We are looking forward to a low stress week exploring Tbilisi, Georgia. My son is a little bummed we aren't going to Atlanta, GA, USA, but I think they'll enjoy it anyway!

Well, since I can't get much done this week I will have to live vicariously through y'all.

Show us what you're quilting this week!!
    Have a wonderful trip. I googled Tbilisi, Georgia. Looks really cool.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Still working on En Provence... I had no idea Bonnie's mystery quilts were so labor-intensive!

11. Thanks Midge thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I'm STILL cutting on my Scrappy Sister's Choice (though it's going faster now that I'm not alternating with cutting down the scrap box of prints that I got finished). I have only got about 10 more blocks to cut. (And a small box of scrap solids.) Really looking forward to starting the piecing on this one. Once I get a few blocks done, I'll post a photo.

I haven't touched "It was the 80s" for a couple of days, but I did pick up my EPP project for a bit this weekend. I've got just 8 little mini Dresden Plates to assemble and applique down.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I got lots done at a daytime retreat this weekend. Now to lay out all those blocks I put together and turn them into actual quilts.