Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP: Week of March 18

I'm sitting here not working, waiting for the photographer to take more pictures of the house. Anybody looking for a house close to Charlotte without the pain in the pain of south or north Charlotte traffic?

I have 3 quilts in process 1. Little Firecracker needs batting and backing, 1. Kaffe F. Peacock Passion done with Emerald Isle tutorial needs borders, 2. Lexie's quilt needs the gray background fabric for the Katie's quilt tutorial. Payday is Friday, guess who's going shopping!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I managed to finish 2 projects that have been hanging around for a very long time (a small cross stitch by Blackbird Designs and a felted wool needlebook). I also started my very first EPP quilt - Perpetually Hexie.

3. Thanks threadbndr thanked for this post
    9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

I got the last of the block pieces cut this morning before work. I still have the outer border cuts to do, though. Piano Key style slices, so it should go pretty fast. I have the binding and the inner border yet to cut as well, but I'll do those when I get to that point in the assembly.

Originally, the plan was that I would hand quilt this, but I think it's going out to the LAQ. I have three or four planned quilts that really need hand quilting (large open areas that are begging for something fancy like feathers). Since I don't want to bottle-neck myself, I need to be realistic on how fast I can possibly hand quilt (answer: not very fast at all).

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this one works up, though. Getting anxious to start piecing!
    Last edited by threadbndr; March 21st, 2017 at 12:37 PM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise - I can't wait to see what you're working on for the contest, I am intrigued!

Mimi Howard, I am a huge Harry Potter fan, I can't wait to see what you've put together!

Caroline - I get caught up in the quilting too because my FMQ skills are mediocre on a good day, but long arm costs are out of reach, top that off with the fact that the better batting materials and my better machine are in the smaller house that I spend far less time in ... And I haven't finished a bed size quilt in 6 years!!

Anita- I hope everyone is feeling better, I can't believe that grand baby has had the nerves to turn 3 already!!

Kimsophia - I hope those threads get to you soon!!

Monique, it has been an adventure, but in a good way!! The kids love it here and it has been very convenient because the dominant second language is English, we've been to English bookstores and even got to see Beauty and the Beast in an IMAX theater in English. I'll try to post a few photos!

Midnightline- I've never made it past downloading Celtic Solstice, so you're light years ahead of me on the mystery quilt, but yes, all of Bonnie Hunters quilts look just slightly overwhelming to me, I don't know that I have the stamina to keep at it over enough time to get a larger quilt done, but I really want to consider updating our bed quilt, it's been almost a decade...

Threadbndr - have you finished your cutting?? I'd love to see your Dresden plates, I've been working on my grandmother's flower garden this week, but not very much!!

Claire- I hope you enjoyed the retreat, that leap from a pile of blocks to a quilt top is so exciting, you can do it!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Katrina, I can't help you with the house, but I'd love to see the quilts you've been working on!

Wyora - welcome to the forum, congrats on finishing the little projects and good luck with the hexies!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	6 
Size:	153.6 KB 
ID:	141293

This is all I've managed to sew this week!!

8. Thanks Juliet Taylor, Claire Hallman thanked for this post