Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Line NYC

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default High Line NYC

I found this documentary about an old train line called High Line in NY. They were going to demolish it but turned it into a beautiful park. It's long, but worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CgTlg_L_Sw

If I ever get to New York it's on my list.

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: High Line NYC

We walked on it in Dec. when my friend and I were there. We walked at night, but the lights of the city are amazing at night! It is well lit and busy even on a cold night in December!

I just watched Most of the video. It is so cool. We walked by that mini amphitheater that over looks the street. We were on our way to a show and didn't linger, but it was really cool!
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; March 16th, 2017 at 12:51 PM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, still watching it but I had to thank you for the video. I have never wanted to go to NYC, nothing about it drew me; kinda just scared me more than anything. But now, I would love to see this, walk it, experience it. Thanks so much for sharing!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Star lover View Post
    Wow, still watching it but I had to thank you for the video. I have never wanted to go to NYC, nothing about it drew me; kinda just scared me more than anything. But now, I would love to see this, walk it, experience it. Thanks so much for sharing!
    I thought the same thing about NYC, but after my first trip there, I fell in love with it! I went 2 times right before Christmas. The crowds were unbelievable, but I loved it just as much as in summer. I want to go back and would in a nanosecond if given the chance

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

New York City is amazing. The shows, the people, just the ambiance. I miss being able to go more often. Now I am lucky to get there every three years or so.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Did you finish watching it? I loved the history, process, seasons, art etc. It was a well done film.

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I felt the same way about NYC and California. I didn't have any interest in going to either place. But I have been to both and really like them. I took my kids one year to NYC - we rented a floor of a house in Brooklyn and lived like locals (for a week so it wasn't that local), we took the subway all the time, shopped in the markets, and had a ball. The High Line is really cool, we walked it and there were a lot of people out enjoying it too. It was a nice way to reuse something that would have been torn down otherwise.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    Did you finish watching it? I loved the history, process, seasons, art etc. It was a well done film.
    Oh yes! I watched every minute of it! Fascinating and beautiful! My kinda park. I would love to go to NYC, if nothing else - to see, stroll, experience this park. Can't thank you enough for sharing. Never even thought of anything being "saved" like this! What genius!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I went to NYC as a 6th grade chaperone and thought it really cool. Went back a few months later to show my face who was 12 then. He was constantly looking up in awe at the buildings. Saw a couple f shows, rode the Central Park carriage, statue of liberty, empire State bldg, wwwresling store, that big toy store fao swartz, Ellis island, sacs 5th Ave, hard Rock Cafe, times sq. Incredible allthe sites in one place. Didn't venture into the subway or see the Holiness. So much to see in so little time!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes! I watched every minute of it! Fascinating and beautiful! My kinda park. I would love to go to NYC, if nothing else - to see, stroll, experience this park. Can't thank you enough for sharing. Never even thought of anything being "saved" like this! What genius!
    Oh good, me too. Also I'm a Food Network geek and everyone always talks about and shows the Chelsea market which this pathway goes through. Like I can afford to go across country for a park and a market. lol

Lorie