Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where Is Spring

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where Is Spring

Good morning all. Could not sleep this morning so I got up made myself a cup of coffee. Now I am sitting here just thinking of things I should do and get before the so called blizzard hits in Connecticut. I think l have to go to the store to get milk, bread and oh yes wine lots and lots of wine. I will need a few glasses before I can muster the courage to go outside and shovel. Everyone have a great day and be safe out there.

2. Thanks tamsterg7 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Where Is Spring

Spring really fooled us this year. Gave us a teaser I seen flowers up and blooming and now a slap in the face. Here in the lower Hudson Valley of NY we are expected to get 12 to 18 inches with 20 in the higher elevation it will be windy and cold also. Milk will be gotten on the way home from work today. Doubt I will be going anywhere tomorrow, hoping the power stays on.Weds is my day off so does not matter the weather then. I don'y have to shovel as hubby gets the snowblower going.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Be safe! In our area of PA we anticipate 10-12" . Really not bad considering what folks in New York and New England areas may have to deal with. I am very concerned about the orchard growers; with the warmth and now this, it doesn't bode well for their crops.
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So sad for those of you getting the big inches of the dratted white stuff! I've had enough of winter.....but she (mmmm, he) lives on. About 62,000 still without power here. Been so cold too. Suppose to get 4" white stuff today and then some more tomorrow. So ready for spring! Got the fabric I was waiting for to work on a new quilt. Will work on test pieces and then decide the next step. Praying for y'all in the path of the big one. Also praying for Bubba's husband and for her too! So many needing prayer. But it's a privilege to do so. Hope y'all have a safe and good day.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It seems winter isn't done with us yet. We are supposed to get snow tomorrow sometime, not sure how much is expected here.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0096.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	156.4 KB 
ID:	141019
    No spring in St. Louis, Mo!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Jean, we got snow last night, too. Probably 2-3 inches. No Spring Here!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

No spring here in the lower Susquehanna Valley of PA. Our forecast is 18+ inches of snow. My daffodils and crocus have bloomed because of the warm temps and are now drooping on the ground because of the cold temps. Only time will tell what we actually get from this storm though.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Spring made an appearance here, prettied up the place, then left on vacation. I'm sure she will be back in a couple of weeks........

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, isn't it suppose to be Spring Break this week? Some Break!
    Vonnie