Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default News from Daisy World

Thanks to everyone who has asked what goes on in Daisy world during my long absence from the forum.

Mr Daisy is really well thank goodness. After 18 years in the same job he changed in January. He was very nervous but actually is loving it and is very happy. There are no signs of his lymphoma returning, he is 3 years clear now so they are still keeping a close eye on him but every month is another closer to being pronounced clear for good. He uses the quilt the forum made for him and often talks about how much it helped him when he had it in hospital with him. Bless you all for giving him that comfort.

Seamus, (Main Coon) still owns the village lol. He is an old man now but goes to the pub and church just as he always has. I think he is giving Brownies a miss these days. Maybe he feels too old to cope with giggling little girls? He attends every wedding and funeral at the church 3 doors down from our house although fortunately we have not had a repeat of the coffin incident!

Lou (border collie) is a grand old lady of 15. She was Miss February in a calendar this year to raise money to help rehome older dogs. She rounds up toddlers who escape across the recreation ground running from their mothers and returns them with nudges up the nappy. Mother want to take her home but I say no!

We did not run the race for life together last year as I was concerned that it would be too much for her. She came with Stewart to cheer me on and was very cross not to be with me and only watching me go past so I collected her from him for the last mile and she skipped along like a youngster in her pink tutu preening. Everyone was feeding her pink fairy cakes which she loved and was only a little bit sick in the car on the way home. From the expression on her face I could see she felt it was worth it.

I still teach quilting occasionally but only on request. I find teaching in a social atmosphere like herding cats, I would much rather help out when someone needs it and not try to keep people focused . I am designing more and teaching less which suits me I think.

There you go, up to date I think!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: News from Daisy World

Hello Daisy! I am so happy to hear from you and that all is going well in your world! I just love reading your posts and have truly missed them.

I share them with my husband and we both just love hearing about Seamus and his escapades and how Lou is doing too! They both sound so special!

I can get such a wonderful picture of Seamus and Lou through your stories and that is the sign of an excellent writer. I have always thought you should write a novel or at a minimum short stories to be published so you can share your talents with everyone. I know you would be successful and bring joy to many reading your stories just as you have with us.

I am so happy to hear Mr. Daisy is doing well and 3 years cancer free. What a blessing!

You made me laugh about teaching and herding cats! I'm sure your students find you very entertaining even if they don't stay focused on their projects - lol.

Take care of yourself and I hope everything continues to go wonderfully for you and yours!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So glad to hear all is well in the village and in your home with the very social animals you live with! And glad Mr. Daisy is well and hope you are also! And you are still involved with quilting and teaching! You just don't know how happy I am to hear from you! Please visit us often!q

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update, Daisy! I would so love to see your designs... Hint, hint!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so happy to hear you are all doing well. Being the catty person I seem to be, I'm glad Mr. Daisy and Lou are fairing well, but I'm especially happy to hear Seamus continues to rule his Catdom with an strong paw.

I have wondered, but I have been AWOL from the forums also so I thought maybe I just missed your post.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SallyO'Sews View Post
    Thanks for the update, Daisy! I would so love to see your designs... Hint, hint!

Aw Sally thank you. I will see if I can get Mr Daisy's head out of whatever super brainy software he is currently writing and persuade him to scan and do whatever it is he does to upload my designs. I have been wondering whether to resurrect my Blog or to add designs to my website. Trouble is I design, make and then see something sparkly and wander off (I have a low boredom threshold!) . I recently designed a bag for dog walking. All pockets and zips and beading. Big pocket to carry a ball, lined pockets to carry poo bags to the nearest bin. Another for house keys and some coins yarda yarda. It sling across the chest to leave both hands free. My daughter looked at it and declared........ once you are a hippy, one day you are going to turn into an old hippy....... ah well.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Daisy, How good to hear from you. I'm so happy your DH is doing so well. Also very pleased Seamus is still on his patrol! I'm waiting for your book about his life in the village. You really must write that book. God Bless to all.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So glad things are well in Daisy World! Much love to all of you!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still rather new here but I enjoyed reading your post. Would love to hear the "coffin" story!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Seamus, Brownies, coffins???? . . . I'm kinda new here too. But boy am I intrigued! Love to know more. You DO have a way of telling a story. I agree - you could write books!