Post Thanks / Like

Default A welcome sign!

My first sign of spring.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	211.6 KB 
ID:	140718
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: A welcome sign!

Spring is my favorite time of the year.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed one day last week that my neighbor has daffodils and crocus blooming in her yard already! I love the spring flowers.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 daffodils on the W. side of the house in bloom. Crocuses have been up for a while. Those short early iris are blooming. Tulips are breaking ground--up maybe 2-3". I had to chase the rabbit out of the crocuses yest. a.m. I caught one nibbling on a blossom. I don't mind their presence in the yard as long as they stay out of my flowers. Most of the time they eat just the grass. She's nested again under our shed. I suspect we'll see some babies around yet this spring. If so, this will be the 3rd year they've nested & had babies under our shed.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Our plum tree is blooming. On the other hand, today we had rain and a bunch of hail, which is rare for us.

Jeannette

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait. Did I hear the first day of Spring is March20? also when is Easter this year?

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I want Spring too, but this crazy weather in eastern PA is playing havoc with fruit producers, particularly. For many this is a livelihood, not a hobby so it is sad that they might have a "non" crop this year.
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

My daffodils are blooming. Unheard of this early in the year. Although, now that it has turned cold again, they are drooping their pretty little heads.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    I have 2 daffodils on the W. side of the house in bloom. Crocuses have been up for a while. Those short early iris are blooming. Tulips are breaking ground--up maybe 2-3". I had to chase the rabbit out of the crocuses yest. a.m. I caught one nibbling on a blossom. I don't mind their presence in the yard as long as they stay out of my flowers. Most of the time they eat just the grass. She's nested again under our shed. I suspect we'll see some babies around yet this spring. If so, this will be the 3rd year they've nested & had babies under our shed.
    We also have a rabbit that nests under our shed. One year a ground hog did.I checked on my new Iris bed that was fixed and added to last fall and some are poking up but someone (rabbit,groundhog,skunk) has dug in 2 places and I may have to replant that spot.Time to find the critter ridder.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I only have a few daffodils blooms. I think I want to plant more this fall. We have an armadillo, that is digging up the neighborhood or at least that is who we are blaming. He dug under the neighbors fence, upset her old dog and sent him to the vet with a hurt hip. We found the hole he is living in and have tried everything to chase him off. (They could careless if you pour out moth balls). He hasn't dug in my flowers, but he sure made a mess last fall digging in the front yard.