Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default #5 and I'm tired

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14886004343191574820449.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	186.2 KB 
ID:	140644this is number 5 o the 1930 quilts. Your encouragement has kept me at this project. The first 4 are sold. I may be able to save enough of the remaining blocks to do an art project but tonight I'm too tired. This one is 55x80. I guess that's a twin coverlet. I'm thinking$275. Any thoughts. The other s brought $200 each but we're quite a bit smaller.

2. Thanks tamsterg7 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: #5 and I'm tired

IMO you're selling yourself short (as the expensing goes). With the vintage handsewn blocks and history that goes with them, not to mention the beauty of the quilts, the '30s quilts are worth so much more that the modern ones.

Remember you can always settle for less, but you can't expect more once you put a price tag on it.

4. Thanks EnumclawGramma thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline T. View Post
    IMO you're selling yourself short (as the expensing goes). With the vintage handsewn blocks and history that goes with them, not to mention the beauty of the quilts, the '30s quilts are worth so much more that the modern ones.

Remember you can always settle for less, but you can't expect more once you put a price tag on it.
    So, give e a clue. I'll take your advice

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grammaterry View Post
    So, give e a clue. I'll take your advice
    I'D start at $400.
    My second piece of unsolicited advice is, take a break, you have been working so hard on this project and have accomplished so much already. You deserve a day of rest and relaxation and a bit of pampering. *Hugs* to you.

7. Thanks EnumclawGramma, grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I concur with Caroline T. Push the price up - $400 is not out of line. AND, you have created so many lovely pieces, be kind to yourself and take a break. Your dedication is incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroline T. View Post
    I'D start at $400.
    My second piece of unsolicited advice is, take a break, you have been working so hard on this project and have accomplished so much already. You deserve a day of rest and relaxation and a bit of pampering. *Hugs* to you.
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

9. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everyone else. Don't sell yourself short. Vintage + your skills = more $. You could always come down if it doesn't sell, but I don't think that would be a problem. And maybe a little shopping for fabric break. Or do something special, just for yourself, might just be the ticket to have a bit of a breather. Even just making something just for you! Better than burn out.

11. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Terry, the others are correct. My first thought when you made your first one was that you already had all the fabrics and blocks so the price could be lower. I concur that you are putting a lot of work into these quilts, you have the history of these blocks to take into account, and your have absolutely beautiful finished quilts. And your quilting of them makes them lovelier. Go High! And congrats on selling all of the ones you already have. You are a wonderful person for all of your fund raising efforts!
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I about fell out of my chair when I saw your price, but I live in NC too. I'd go higher and negotiate if necessary. You know what your region will pay but don't forget to pay yourself.

(This is from the woman whose DH sold 5 of my mom's "QVC" quilts for $5. I could have killed him!)
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KPH View Post
    I about fell out of my chair when I saw your price, but I live in NC too. I'd go higher and negotiate if necessary. You know what your region will pay but don't forget to pay yourself.

(This is from the woman whose DH sold 5 of my mom's "QVC" quilts for $5. I could have killed him!)
    I don't take any money. It all goes to the Shriners. I do try to figure in realistic pricing if it were retail. I'm doing my best to see and market. I feel bad that I underpriced the first 4 of the vintage quilts. My husband wants to hold this one as grand prize for the raffle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

"My husband wants to hold this one as grand prize for the raffle "

I think he is a very wise man!