Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Juki Tl 2010Q

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Juki Tl 2010Q

I am looking for a new machine for fmq; what do you think about this Juki. Do you like this machine? I have a Pfaff performance 5.0 and I don't like it for msq.
    Carmen

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Juki Tl 2010Q

I would find a dealer that carries this model and test drive it for yourself.

I test drove one last weekend and was not impressed. The bobbin is quite the chore to put into place under the needle plate! And it seemed to run rough.....
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

There are a LOT of people who love this machine. It is strong, fast, powerful, but straight stitch only. I myself have a Singer S16 which was half the price of the Juki on sale through Amazon, and it is also strong, fast and powerful! It's a Janome 1600P clone.I think the Singers can only be purchased through mail order, but they are returnable if you don't like it. Around $400 either on the Singer site or on a sale day at Amazon. Has about the same specs as the Juki, 9" harp, needle up-down, cutter, independent bobbin winder. Yes, the bobbin is put in vertically, and underneath the stitch plate, I am totally used to inserting it into place and it takes me no time at all to do. It's more like the old fashioned vertical hooks of old, but very dependable. I believe that most of these straight stitch machines load the bobbin in this direction so the bobbins can be loaded easily if you mount the machine on a quilting frame. Good luck with your choice!
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; February 25th, 2017 at 02:14 PM.

4. Thanks giig21 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've had my Juki TL2010Q over 18 months. Adore this machine. Mine runs very smoothly and quietly, with the exception of the walking foot. The company has now replaced the type of walking foot that was provided with my machine with a redesigned foot. I haven't bought that because this machine is so strong I generally don't need to use one. I purchased a high shank stitch in the ditch foot that handles most walking foot chores. I am learning free motion quilting, and I love this machine for that function. I can go all directions without breaking threads about 95% of the time. At times I go too fast though, and at certain angles that's where a problem can arise. Also love this machine for piecing and generally use it over my computerized machine. It has a side load bobbin, which I guess could be a problem for some people, but I learned to sew many years ago on a side load machine, so it's kind of second nature to me. If you are a bag sewer, this machine is great, too. I like home dec sewing, and it is a breeze handling heavy weight fabrics and stitching multiple heavy layers without strain. I did purchase a supplemental LED lighting kit from Inspired LED. The built in light just isn't enough for me, but the older I get the more illumination I need, so maybe it's aging. The kit works out very well for this machine, with a substantial string of LEDs left over if you have 2 machines. If you want a straight stitch only machine that can handle a lot of types of tasks extremely well, and fmq is a goal for you, this machine is wonderful.

6. Thanks Noemie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This is one of the best machines I have ever bought!! I first saw one when I took a class to learn fmq. The instructor had one and it is the only machine she uses to piece and then fmq her quilts, which were beautiful. She enters them in the state fair, which is quite large, and at the time, was winning every other year (they did not allow you to win grand prize two years in a row).

The next time I saw one was when I took paper piecing. The instructor had one and once I saw how much easier and time saving it was not having to cut the threads with scissors, I really knew I needed to get one! This was long before they were very common and the only place I could find them were at expos. Finally, I found one in a store and took it home and never looked back! Since then, I have bought an industrial Juki and I like that just as well.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

8. Thanks Noemie thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using a Juki TL98Q for nine years. I tell people I'd give them the man I been married to for 32 years before I'd give them my Juki. It did take a couple of months to get used to the bobbin but it's old hat now. My machine sews like a dream and I've never had the first problem with it. I stitch in the ditch and free motion quilt on my machine. I've never used the walking foot (mainly because I hate the thing). I can adjust the presser foot tension to sew one thin layer or a quilt sandwich. I've had Singer, Brother, Bernina and Janome machines in the past and I always had some sort of problem with each of them. For me the Juki is so easy to use and we get along great. Good luck!
    (DH is purchasing the TL2010Q for me for Christmas this year and I can't wait to get my hands on it.)

10. Thanks bubba thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE mine!!! I've had it for a few years. I bought it sight unseen because there are no dealers in my area. It worked perfect right out of the box. I've never had issues with it, never had any tension issues. It's fast and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a hardworking, straight-stitch machine.

12. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have the TL2010Q also for about 3 years now. I often wonder why I didn't buy it sooner. I've never had any problems and she sews through just about anything, including heavy layers of fabrics for purses. I use it for most of my piecing and FMQ. I have other machines that I can use for decorative stitches or applique work.

Inserting the bobbin on the left side was a little awkward at first but now I can do it quickly, without looking, just by feel. The self threader took me a little practice, but I found that hitting the down button and then up again set the presser foot at its highest point and made the threading easy. I don't know what my old eyes would do without that threader!

I LOVE this machine!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely try one out if you can, I got down to that model or the babylock Jane which is very similar and similarly priced. I went with the Jane as I loved the needle threader over the Juki and the Janes overall feel. but that is a personal thing so do try them out if you so you can really know what your getting I spent several hours playing with the two till I decided. I found the Juki very very smooth when I tried it out.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Love mine. Had it for over a year. Does everything I ask it to.