Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Question Quilting Bug Bit Me!!

I had a friend who did pillowcases for her grandchildren for Christmas 2010. I have been thinking about it all year and, yes, I did it! (It's the easy one that is so popular - the Million Pillowcase Challenge or something like that). Well, I enjoyed the sewing so much that I am dying to do more! I have said for the last 5 or 6 years that I'm going to learn to quilt, so this is the year! I ordered a jelly roll and now I'm trying to decide how to proceed. I need to do something pretty simple even though I really liked the idea from the 3 Dudes in Az. Would that be simple enough for a beginner? The tutorial doesn't go as far as putting the pieces together...

Any recommendations?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Quilting Bug Bit Me!!

I like 3 Dudes quilt as well, but I don't think that is a good place to start. A fairly easy one that you can use with your jelly roll is a pattern called Fence Rail. Jenny shows how to make it on her tutorial. It's easy and fun.
    http://www.patchworkbabyquilt.com/fe...quilting-block.
    Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Janncwebb, I REALLY recommend watching Jenny's tutorials. She has SO many ideas on quick and easy quilt blocks, and shows you how to put them all together. My personal favorite is the red and white Jacob's Ladder quilt. That one is definitely on my list of quilts to make!

Meli

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

After I posted this web address I tried opening it and it won't take you anywhere. Try
    http://www.patchworkbabyquilt.com/fe...ng-series.html

This should work.
    Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm doing a fence rail quilt now. Almost done with the top...maybe this weekend. It's really easy but I don't have a lot of time for sewing right now.
    Pam in Vegas

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I was rather nervous about using the charm pack that I had bought so instead I made my first lap quilt out of charm pack size squares that I cut out of a couple of old summer dresses that were in a bag to go to the charity shop.

It took a little while to cut out all of the squares but the result was fantastic and even if it wasn't it wouldn't have mattered.

Good luck and happy quilting

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I would recommend the fence rail as well....it is a good beginner block to get you started....welcome to the forum

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome from Canada. Where are you from? Glad you have joined our little group.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Glad you joined us!
    http://renewingmrssewsew.blogspot.com
    Until next time hugs and best stitches to you all,
    Michelle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from NW Missouri. Come on in and sit a spell. This is a great place to get your feet wet, learn about your new addiction (there is no medicine to relieve you of the feelings you are experiencing). Let us get to know you better, and we'll guide you down the path of no recovery from the quilting bug.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."