• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

It's Friday, it's Friday

Finally Friday had made its appearance. We had a relatively quiet day yesterday. Maizyn and I went out to get a cake and some gifts for Phil. We had a lovely dinner last night. Tonight we are going out for dinner at the community centre, it is a pay by donation bean supper.

My Singer is coming home tonight. I can't wait to try her out with the embroidery cartridges I got.

Have a great weekend friends. On Monday I head out to retreat until Thursday, I am really looking forward it.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • peggiep
    Applique Angel
    • Oct 2015

Re: It's Friday, it's Friday

Morning Monique....have a great time celebrating Phil's birthday with Maizyn! Enjoy the retreat, especially with your Singer!

Yesterday's spring-like weather prompted a cleaning spree in the sewing room. I refolded fabric, separated by colour, pulled out scraps and organized them, washed, dusted, vaccumed all the shelves, cubbies, etc. I might not be able to find anything again, but at least my room is clean and and looks much more tidy than it has for a while.

Off shopping today (I hope) for some new clothes for the cruise that is rapidly approaching and I am not even close to being ready to go.

Have a great weekend to all!
    Peggiep
    "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

• Lacey
      9 Patch Princess
      • Aug 2016

So glad that Friday is finally here. I will be heading to my sewing room after breakfast and taking a walk with my dog. It feels like Spring has already arrived here. We have had some beautiful days and no rain. I am working on quilt called Big Texas Star quilt and the stars really are very large. The rows are constructed at an angle so I am curious to see how it will come out.
      Have a wonderful day everyone!
      I am a quilter and my house is in pieces.

Comment

• Angelia
        Missouri Star
        • Dec 2013

Peggiep--since you cleaned yours, maybe you will come over and do mine?

Have a great day, everyone.
        Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

• SuzyQue
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2010

Ahhhhh.....spring cleaning feels so awesome, but to have a fully clean and organinized sewing studio is heavenly! Enjoy!

Comment

• Simply Quilting
            Missouri Star
            • Dec 2013

outside 2 22 2017.jpg

This was the beautiful 73 degree weather that we had on Wednesday. Today we have had snow and the temp is 31that feels like 22.

The little one turned 3 months old this week. Time has gone by way too fast. If he could get everything figured out, he would be off running as he will sit on your lap moving his arms and legs trying to go somewhere. He is so much the splitting image of his Dad.

Comment

• JCY
              Missouri Star
              • Jul 2013

Our spring weather moved east. We got 2" of snow yest. during the day & evening. It was only 22 this a.m. & it's supposed to be down to 10 deg. tonight. Ahhh, spring time in the Rockies. We will have off & on weather from now till May. Our snowiest mo. is March. Too soon to get motivated for spring cleaning here.

The insurance adjustor is supposed to come take a look at my car this afternoon. We'll know more after that. I was instructed at the ER to follow-up with my fam. dr., so I saw her yest. afternoon. She gave me some neck exercises to do for the whip-lash. It's sort of stiff, esp. on the left side. I might need to get another massage. I still have a headache. The swelling is not totally gone yet, but the skin is turning dusky blue. DH is asking why this had to happen to me. I guess only the good Lord knows. Bad things happen to good people. I just know things could have been so much worse, so I can be thankful they weren't any worse.

I haven't done any sewing since the accident. I've either been too busy or too tired. Maybe later today. Time will tell. I hope everyone has a good week end.

Comment

• Bubby
                Missouri Star
                • Jun 2011

Hi Everyone,

I'm a little late today. I'm moving slow and also had to make a trip to WalMart.

Joyce, whiplash can be so painful. You may need some muscle relaxers to give you more comfort. I hope you feel better soon. Often it the first few days following an accident when you get all the aches and pains. It could have been so much worse. It's good that you followed up with your doctor.

It's Friday again for sure. We have a busy day planned for tomorrow but not much for Sunday.

Wishing everyone a good day.
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• QuiltingRN
                  Missouri Star
                  • Sep 2013

Yay Friday! Going to do some sewing after work with my girlfriends!
                  Cold here had a bit of snow this morning!
                  Getting a new puppy in Sunday. He will be joining our other two. They are all Havanese.
                  Hope everyone has a great weekend!
                  April

Comment

• Star lover
                    Missouri Star
                    • Apr 2016

Last edited by Star lover; March 11, 2022, 04:26 AM.

Comment

• auntiemern
                      Missouri Star
                      • Mar 2012

Friday is just another day around here. DH has to go get my little man soon. He is under the weather with a fever, cough, and a bit of a stuffy nose. We had him earlier yesterday as well. I hate when any of my grands are ill. My oldest DGD is suffering terribly from seasonal allergies. They are hitting everyone early here since the weather has been so warm. In the upper 60's to mid 70's. Her birthday is Sat. I can't believe my bay girl will be 14. He Pa spent half the day yesterday putting together her birthday gift. A new cage for her pet rats. It is huge. Much bigger than she thought it would be. Thank goodness she has enough room for it in her bed room. For those of you that are going ewww, rats, I must say I had the same thought at first. But they really are great pets, and they love her to pieces.
                      I went out for a bit yesterday....big mistake. The short amount of time I had clothes touching my rash area, totally irritated it. I took the kids home last night, so I was about 1/2 hr late taking the nerve pain medicine, and I was in agony by the time I got home. I couldn't even stand my gown touching it. DD is going to try to find me a long loose fitting dress to wear to DGD's birthday dinner Sun. Otherwise I guess I will have to figure something out.
                      Gonna read what else is happening and then try to do something productive.
                      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                      sigpic

Comment

• LauraP
                        Missouri Star
                        • Dec 2015

Marilyn, you could always declare it a Toga Party and just throw a sheet over your shoulder!
                        sigpic

Comment

• seaturtle
                          Missouri Star
                          • Jul 2015

Originally posted by LauraP View Post
                          Marilyn, you could always declare it a Toga Party and just throw a sheet over your shoulder!
                          Oh Laura, please don't give her any ideas! I could so see her doing that!
                          Cindy

Comment

Working...
                          X