Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Friday, it's Friday

Finally Friday had made its appearance. We had a relatively quiet day yesterday. Maizyn and I went out to get a cake and some gifts for Phil. We had a lovely dinner last night. Tonight we are going out for dinner at the community centre, it is a pay by donation bean supper.

My Singer is coming home tonight. I can't wait to try her out with the embroidery cartridges I got.

Have a great weekend friends. On Monday I head out to retreat until Thursday, I am really looking forward it.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks auntiemern, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Friday, it's Friday

Morning Monique....have a great time celebrating Phil's birthday with Maizyn! Enjoy the retreat, especially with your Singer!

Yesterday's spring-like weather prompted a cleaning spree in the sewing room. I refolded fabric, separated by colour, pulled out scraps and organized them, washed, dusted, vaccumed all the shelves, cubbies, etc. I might not be able to find anything again, but at least my room is clean and and looks much more tidy than it has for a while.

Off shopping today (I hope) for some new clothes for the cruise that is rapidly approaching and I am not even close to being ready to go.

Have a great weekend to all!
    Peggiep
    "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room."

4. Thanks Claire Hallman, Monique thanked for this post
    9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

So glad that Friday is finally here. I will be heading to my sewing room after breakfast and taking a walk with my dog. It feels like Spring has already arrived here. We have had some beautiful days and no rain. I am working on quilt called Big Texas Star quilt and the stars really are very large. The rows are constructed at an angle so I am curious to see how it will come out.
    Have a wonderful day everyone!
    I am a quilter and my house is in pieces.

6. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Peggiep--since you cleaned yours, maybe you will come over and do mine?

Have a great day, everyone.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

8. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhhhh.....spring cleaning feels so awesome, but to have a fully clean and organinized sewing studio is heavenly! Enjoy!

10. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outside 2 22 2017.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	140396

This was the beautiful 73 degree weather that we had on Wednesday. Today we have had snow and the temp is 31that feels like 22.

The little one turned 3 months old this week. Time has gone by way too fast. If he could get everything figured out, he would be off running as he will sit on your lap moving his arms and legs trying to go somewhere. He is so much the splitting image of his Dad.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Our spring weather moved east. We got 2" of snow yest. during the day & evening. It was only 22 this a.m. & it's supposed to be down to 10 deg. tonight. Ahhh, spring time in the Rockies. We will have off & on weather from now till May. Our snowiest mo. is March. Too soon to get motivated for spring cleaning here.

The insurance adjustor is supposed to come take a look at my car this afternoon. We'll know more after that. I was instructed at the ER to follow-up with my fam. dr., so I saw her yest. afternoon. She gave me some neck exercises to do for the whip-lash. It's sort of stiff, esp. on the left side. I might need to get another massage. I still have a headache. The swelling is not totally gone yet, but the skin is turning dusky blue. DH is asking why this had to happen to me. I guess only the good Lord knows. Bad things happen to good people. I just know things could have been so much worse, so I can be thankful they weren't any worse.

I haven't done any sewing since the accident. I've either been too busy or too tired. Maybe later today. Time will tell. I hope everyone has a good week end.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone,

I'm a little late today. I'm moving slow and also had to make a trip to WalMart.

Joyce, whiplash can be so painful. You may need some muscle relaxers to give you more comfort. I hope you feel better soon. Often it the first few days following an accident when you get all the aches and pains. It could have been so much worse. It's good that you followed up with your doctor.

It's Friday again for sure. We have a busy day planned for tomorrow but not much for Sunday.

Wishing everyone a good day.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yay Friday! Going to do some sewing after work with my girlfriends!
    Cold here had a bit of snow this morning!
    Getting a new puppy in Sunday. He will be joining our other two. They are all Havanese.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    April

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingRN View Post
    Yay Friday! Going to do some sewing after work with my girlfriends!
    Cold here had a bit of snow this morning!
    Getting a new puppy in Sunday. He will be joining our other two. They are all Havanese.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    Oooo, such a cute breed. Thank you for sharing. Woke with a soar throat Wednesday and it's not gotten better. Well the throats better, but the cold . . . Yuk. Hard to sew when my nose keeps draining. But it's not going to stop me. Have a great day all and an even better weekend!