• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Thursday has arrived

Good morning everyone. My family has arrived and are all sleeping right now. Maizyn was up extremely late and ended up sleeping with Papa. He was up early so I crawled in with her and she went back to sleep. Not sure if that is her coming down the stairs. YUP!! She is up. Sadie stayed home to look after all the animals. So it will be a drama free weekend!!

Had lunch with Bonnie yesterday and YES I did buy fabric. Victoria's Quilts need some blocks made for their big quilt that they raffle in the fall. I bought 1/2 a metre. Also good news, my Singer is ready to come home. I paid through email transfer and my friend Lynda will be bringing her home tomorrow. YIPPEE can't wait to try her out.

Today my baby turns 30. I will go out later and see if I can get him a cake. I will be making his meal of choice which is Shepherd's Pie. 30? Where did my little boy go? He certainly is a man we can be proud of.

Les and his team won at Trivia last night. I will hear all about it later, he is out for coffee this morning.

Have a wonderful day everyone. I certainly will have a busy one. No sewing for this chicky for the next couple of days.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Bubby
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2011

Re: Thursday has arrived

Morning Monique. Have a wonderful time with your family. Glad you machine is return to come back home.

I have an early morning appointment today and need to get ready. Olive is in a real good mood today. Dottie is pouting about something. She will let me know about it later. Right now she's behind the couch and won't come out.

Have a good Thursday everyone.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Granny Judy
      Missouri Star
      • Apr 2011

I am up and getting rid of that groggy feeling of having slept so sound. Pills do that to me. LOL.

I have a kitchen to clean up then the rest of the day is for sewing.. Well that's the plan for now. Kids are off to work and no interruptions are the normal days happenings. So It's SEW TIME!!

Roasted Chicken with dressing. Steamed veggies and apple tarts are on the menu for tonight. I try to do all the recipes that need an oven for the same meal... and that should last a couple of meals.

My hands are itchin' to dig in the dirt with all this warm weather were having... but it's a bit to early to start gardening.. We can still get a freeze and snow.. gotta wait til the end of March to start my outside hobby.. I will clean out the raised beds and flower beds then start my inside seedlings and get them transplanted in April..
      Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
      :icon_wave:

Comment

• JCY
        Missouri Star
        • Jul 2013

Good Morning ~ I had a decent night's sleep after my ordeal yesterday with the rear-end collision. I used ice on my forehead 2-3 times yest. eve. It's still swollen, but not as bad as it was initially. It's sore to touch. I used some Arnica oil on the area. Tylenol has been adequate. The left side of my neck is a little stiff this morning, but not too bad. Over all, I don't hurt as much as I expected to this a.m.

I'll be taking it easy today. Maybe do some laundry. I hope to do some sewing. I need to sew a label on one more quilt to be gifted next week at the church baby shower for 4 moms (2 girls, 1 boy, & 1 mom who doesn't want to know ahead of time the sex of the baby).

Time to fix DH's breakfast. Thanks for all the prayers.

Comment

• songbird857
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2014

Morning all
          Monique - enjoy your family time!
          Barb - is that a little dog thing or what? Ella has been doing this thing lately at night; she is 3, and has slept in her crate in my daughter's room since she was a pup. Lately, about once a week, she whines in her crate and won't settle. My DD brings her upstairs (our bedrooms are in the basement), and puts a comfy blanket on the couch. Ella then settles and sleeps perfectly fine without barking. I don't know if we should just let her sleep alone every night - but my DD does like her company in her room... hmmmm.

So, hubby and I have been looking at bicycles for the past few days. we both have mountain bikes that are about 15 years old. I noticed last year that my bike was just so uncomfortable to ride (age?). My hands would go numb after 10 minutes because of the angle of the handlebars. It was to the point that I couldn't just 'enjoy' riding, and I've never really done 'off road trails' anyway.
          About a month ago, I saw some lady on a tv show riding a bike, and I was like ' THAT'S IT!!!' That is how I need to sit on a bike... LOL
          I just want to enjoy biking like I did when I was a kid, I don't want to race around and do mountains, but I DO want to spend time biking with hubby!
          This is the bike I'm saving up for now
          EVRYjourney-Cream-Angled_e21b810c-0883-4766-8ae6-74a6bc28b3fe_2048x2048.jpg
          I think it's rather snazzy, don't you??

Not sure what today will hold - it's going to be 64 degrees! We'll definitely want to get outside and do something in this beautiful weather, but I would like to sew too...
          Have a fabulous day all

Comment

• Star lover
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2016

Last edited by Star lover; March 11, 2022, 04:27 AM.

Comment

• Lyndaj
              The Guild President
              • Dec 2015

Originally posted by JCY View Post
              Good Morning ~ I had a decent night's sleep after my ordeal yesterday with the rear-end collision. I used ice on my forehead 2-3 times yest. eve. It's still swollen, but not as bad as it was initially. It's sore to touch. I used some Arnica oil on the area. Tylenol has been adequate. The left side of my neck is a little stiff this morning, but not too bad. Over all, I don't hurt as much as I expected to this a.m.

I'll be taking it easy today. Maybe do some laundry. I hope to do some sewing. I need to sew a label on one more quilt to be gifted next week at the church baby shower for 4 moms (2 girls, 1 boy, & 1 mom who doesn't want to know ahead of time the sex of the baby).

Time to fix DH's breakfast. Thanks for all the prayers.
              Sorry to hear about the accident. If you haven't already been, you should go get checked out by a doc, just in case. Sending my positive thoughts your way.

Comment

• Lacey
                9 Patch Princess
                • Aug 2016

Woohoo! My weekend has started. I only work part time and Thursday, my favorite day starts off my 3 day weekend. I will be sewing tonight and most of the day tomorrow. I have to catch up on a couple of blocks on my farm girl vintage quilt. I want to cut out the pieces for a Texas Star quilt for my daughters bed. Have a good day to all!

Joy, I am glad you were able to get some sleep after your ordeal. Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.
                Last edited by Lacey; February 23, 2017, 12:41 PM.
                I am a quilter and my house is in pieces.

Comment

• auntiemern
                  Missouri Star
                  • Mar 2012

Good day all. Got up kinda early after a restless night. We decided we would take a drive up to north county in St. Louis, and return a couple of things that I had ordered wrong. (I didn't know until I talked to customer service, that they had a warehouse and store in St. Louis.) I could have saved a bundle on shipping, from all the supplies I have ordered from them this month. Any way I had to wear actual clothes. OMG...I thought I would die before we got home. I pulled the pants down as far as I could while riding, but had to pull them up to go in to the businesses we had to visit, and the drug store to get my Bubby some meds. (my little guy is under the weather). I have my oldest DGD's b'day dinner Saturday, and I just don't know how I am going to manage that. I need to go get me a long dress, that is loose around the waist, that I could get by going commando in. Otherwise I am just going to be in misery. But I don't want to have to get dressed again to go shopping....what is a granny to do? I will do what I have to for my girl though....I can't believe my first grand daughter is turning 14 Saturday. Where has the time gone. She will be starting high school next fall. Enough of that, or I will start crying.
                  DH will be back with my little man soon. Hamburgers and tater tots is what we will be serving the younguns for dinner. The youngest DGD loves to cook, so she has been a big help for her Pa, and she loves making hamburgers. Off to try to do a little sewing.
                  Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                  sigpic

Comment

• SuzyQue
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jan 2010

Marilyn.....a muumuu would be perfect.....wish I had one to send you

Comment

• Angelia
                      Missouri Star
                      • Dec 2013

Barb-- hope you are feeling better--did Dottie ever explain? I think of little Miss Olive every day-- love to all of you.
                      Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                      X