• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Ok today IS Friday

Good morning everyone. Today is actually Friday.

Well yesterday I continued cutting fabric and then sort of started moving things around and looking for a 'bin' full of blocks I had already cut. Well I found it among other things. Now I have a kazillion charm squares cut out at 5", 4", 3 1/2", 3", 2 1/2 and 1" squares. Really? I thought to myself, are you really going to use all those? Me thinks not, so I have offered them up to Blondie first for her circle of comfort quilts. I am waiting to hear back and if she doesn't want them I will offer them up here. Sorry everyone, she has accepted my offer. At least I can help with the COCs that way.

While I was organizing (for the millionth time) things I also came across 6 kits for Victoria's Quilts. Really? I brought home 5, one being my own? Feeling guilty, I started one late yesterday afternoon. In no time at all I am almost done the first one. So I think I may just take them with me to retreat on the 27th. Or I just may go on a binge and do them all at once.

And then just as I thought I was done cutting, I found another 'basket' of fabric waiting to be cut. holy moly quacamole. So I guess more cutting today or leave it for another day? We shall see what this day brings. We have sunshine this morning, at least I think that bright light in the sky is the sun. I may go with Les to visit with his Mom this morning just not sure.

So, you all have a wonderful day and an absolutely wonderful weekend, that's an order!!!
    Last edited by Monique; February 17, 2017, 06:29 AM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Star lover
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2016

Re: Ok today IS Friday

Last edited by Star lover; March 11, 2022, 04:28 AM.

Comment

• Bubby
      Missouri Star
      • Jun 2011

Morning everyone. Yes, it's Friday once again. This week flew by for sure.

Not sure which way my day will go. I'm afraid I need to do some housework and laundry. I've done too many quickie touchups lately to get by with it again until I do some real housework. So, off I go.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Friday as we head into the weekend. Hugs......
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• peggiep
        Applique Angel
        • Oct 2015

The sun is shining and the temp is supposed to rise about 0C (32F for our US friends). It would be wonderful to see some of this white stuff melt!
        Still working on the last Solstice block from Pat Sloan..boy is it ever huge, but it is going together really nicely since I was able to use the AccuGo for both sets of cuts.
        Today the countertop will be installed (finally) but haven't heard when the backsplash and all the final touches will be done. Hopefully by mid-week next week, I will have a kitchen sink!
        Looking forward to a quiet weekend, spent with friends...and I hope I will get to the Kemptville Victoria Quilts session tomorrow morning.
        Have a wonderful weekend everyone. Blessings to all!
        Peggiep
        "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

• Cathy F
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2012

Morning all,
          Sun is shining here this morning and I'm sitting in the sun room soaking it up! Still fighting this respitory infection, this is the second week and I'm getting impatient. I've now given it to my husband and he's not a happy camper. We were supposed to go away this weekend as we were given thickets to a show upstate. Neither of us are up to traveling and I'm sure my sister and her husband don't want what we have. We arranged to have the tickets overnighted to her so they don't go to waste.
          Keep telling myself I'm going to do some sewing but it hasn't happened yet. Seems I've been distracted by a good book and a sunny window!

Wishing everyone a good weekend, off to the kitchen for some coffee.
          Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• Lyndaj
            The Guild President
            • Dec 2015

A very sunny morning today. Already been out for breakfast.

Well, after much humming and hawing, I have managed to design the one block wonder quilt top for my MIL (see pic below). Today and tomorrow I hope to get the top together so that I can get to a quilt store and buy the border fabric and backing fabric. Quilt stores aren't open on Sunday here, so if I want this thing together before the end of the weekend (Monday for us), then I need the fabric. Then it will be going to a long arm quilter.

I had cortisone in my knee last Thursday and am super vigilant about every thing I am feeling. It has taken away 90-95% of the pain which is awesome. Every time I put my foot on a stair tread I expect to feel pain, because I have for so long, and we have 4 sets of stairs in our house.

For some of my fellow members, I will wish you a good long weekend. For everybody else, have a great weekend.

Sorry, the picture is sideways.

IMG_4701.jpg

Comment

• seaturtle
              Missouri Star
              • Jul 2015

Lynda, that is a beautiful quilt!
              Cindy

Comment

• Cathy F
                Missouri Star
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Lyndaj View Post
                A very sunny morning today. Already been out for breakfast.

Well, after much humming and hawing, I have managed to design the one block wonder quilt top for my MIL (see pic below). Today and tomorrow I hope to get the top together so that I can get to a quilt store and buy the border fabric and backing fabric. Quilt stores aren't open on Sunday here, so if I want this thing together before the end of the weekend (Monday for us), then I need the fabric. Then it will be going to a long arm quilter.

I had cortisone in my knee last Thursday and am super vigilant about every thing I am feeling. It has taken away 90-95% of the pain which is awesome. Every time I put my foot on a stair tread I expect to feel pain, because I have for so long, and we have 4 sets of stairs in our house.

For some of my fellow members, I will wish you a good long weekend. For everybody else, have a great weekend.

Sorry, the picture is sideways.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]140179[/ATTACH]
                Absolutely beautiful, love the colors!
                Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• Lyndaj
                  The Guild President
                  • Dec 2015

Thank you Cindy and Cathy. Had a real struggle with this one, my fourth one block wonder quilt. This is actually the fourth version of it.

Comment

• Bubby
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jun 2011

Lynda, your quilt is so gorgeous! Love the colors!!
                    So glad your shot is helping your knee.
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• mommadeb
                      Missouri Star
                      • Dec 2011

So glad it is Friday. Seems like it has been a long week. My weekend will involve studying. I have two midterms next week. They should not be too bad. I mailed a baby quilt to a friend earlier this week and I can't wait until she sees it. It is a surprise for her DGD. She has no idea it's coming. I have another that I just need to put binding on and one that is ready to be SITD and bound. I am also working furiously on finishing one of the three temperature afghans that I am working on. I sure am making good use of the time off work because of the fisherman's strike (I work in fish processing).

We have had a very mild February and I think we are at about 27,345,895 days straight of clouds, rain and wind. Any of you with some extra sun want to send it over??

Comment

• Lacey
                        9 Patch Princess
                        • Aug 2016

I am so happy Friday is finally here! My daughter and I are going shopping for fabric for the quilt I am going to make for her bed. After that we are going out to eat at a favorite buffet, Sweet Tomatoes. I love their salads and choice of soups. It was still a little chilly here this morning so soup will be perfect.

Lynda , I love the beautiful quilt! Stay warm and safe today everyone!
                        I am a quilter and my house is in pieces.

Comment

• auntiemern
                          Missouri Star
                          • Mar 2012

Good day all. So happy that you found that amazing stash of squares, and that Blondie is getting them. I had to take a "making quilts" break, so that is what I did. I learned to put in a zipper in a little bag, and the rest is history. Sis talked me in to doing a crafts show with her, so that is where my focus has been. I have made little zipper bags (think make up bag) wristlets, some totes, microwave potato bags, plastic bag holders, and some other small stuff that I am pretty sure will sell well. I have already sold a few bags to the gals that work with DD, and even my DGD's teacher. I am going to monogram a few different ones, and take orders as well.
                          I have been doing all this, while dealing with the shingles. Let me tell ya, that is NOT for sissy's. I always have pain, because of the lupus, arthritis, and fibromyalgia....but this stuff takes pain to a whole new level.
                          DD is off today. The kids are out of school. So that worked out well.
                          Attached Files
                          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X