Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm curious

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I'm curious

With only rare exceptions (like Block of the Month or a Sew a long) I only do one project at a time. I finish and clean up before I allow myself to start a new project.

Everybody is different. This is what works for me.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I can't say exactly.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I too alternate between projects, usually in different stages - cutting one, piecing, binding, etc.
    Cindy

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I try to have at least two. The second project, I cut and have pinned to use as leaders and enders for the first project I am working on. I litterally, keep a piece under the needle. When I go to sew, my next piece pushes that through, and when all the current project pieces are through, I stick a piece from my second project under, and run that through to almost the end, where it stays waiting for me.

and yes, my machine is plugged into a surge protector which is switched off, so no one can press on the pedal, and mess me up. LOL

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I always have several projects going at once.
    I can't FMQ for long stretches of time so I have something ready for that most of the time.
    I have a travel project that goes to Sit & Sew once a month and doesn't get unpacked until all the blocks are finished. I do have to put the blocks and rows together at home where I can put it on the design table.
    Right now I am trying to get three Bonnie Hunter designs cut and ready for classes in April. Wow, there are one heck of a lot of pieces in her quilt designs.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

While I do have many tops ready to be quilted, I generally only work on piecing one top at a time as I'm a bit anal about keeping things in my sewing area neat and organized, and it helps me to keep track of "where I am" in a project. The only time I put a project aside to start another, is if I get a special request that is needed soon, and then I'll put away the 1st project completely until I get the second one finished.

And I don't go back and forth between quilting one top, and piecing another either. For me, it's one or the other until it's done.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

One quilt to bind, one to SITD and three temperature afghans. I'm working on all of them actively because I have the attention span of a squirrel.
    "To know what people really think, pay attention to what they do, rather than what they say."

8. Thanks PrettyCurious thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I usually have only 1 quilt topper on the go at a time which then goes as a UFO until I get round to quilting it. But at present I have the temperature quilt and Dresden plate table runner on the go together.
    However I ALWAYS have a few knitting/crochet items on the go as it depends how much 'head space' I have when I sit down in the evenings as to which I work on.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I almost always have only one. Currently I have three--not sure how that happened. One king sized, blocks done, need to cut sashing and put it together. One is a twin for my gd, top is done, waiting for my dd who lives out of town she wants to pick out the backing fabric, and one quilted door panel that I have half done am in the hq phase. I prefer only having a single project going at a time.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Usually only one quilt top at a time, although right now I have 2 partially finished tops thanks to waiting for a repairman at DD's one day. However I also have a smocking project started and a couple knitting projects in bags that I am working on. An "easy"one lives in my car so I have it with me to work on when I'm babysitting or waiting for DH somewhere and another more complicated one sitting beside my chair at home
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine