Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Make a Sweet Treats Quilt with Jenny New Tutorial!

It is easy enough to figure out without the papers, but I see some potential here. I like that she's using one 10" square and ending up with various sized HST. I went to the shop site and looked at the pictures of the books. One book is almost identical to the magic 8 method so the only positive I see to that is the HST are perfect without further squaring up. If I had to choose between squaring up and tearing off papers, I would go with squaring up. But for the one she demoed, I like that she got an 8" and 4 4" blocks from one square. It can be done without papers, but it would take more time to measure. If you had a lone LC and wanted various sizes of HST, this could be a real time saver.
    Cindy

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one who noticed Jenny is using the Babylock Jazz? I looked at the machine because it sounded louder than what I am used to hearing her use.
    Anyway, for those who wanted to see a Babylock Jazz in action, watch the video.

The paper isn't for everybody [and I see it dulling out blades], but I can see it being helpful for beginners, as it will help them succede on their first project.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think Moda has come up with an awesome idea for beginners who want a complicated-looking quilt done in an "easy" no-stress way. I made my first quilt two years ago, so being a newbie is still very fresh in my mind, and I would have definitely tried one of these cake recipes back then.

I'm hoping this idea gets more people into quilting!

Sheep Farmer by day........Quilter-in-Training by night
    The Farmmyfarm

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My sister can benefit from this. She is very new to sewing and quilting... she gets confused easily, her seams are not consistant and I can use these to tutor her and for her to see results. I don't paper piece... but this is wonderful for beginners!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It must be popular with someone... they are sold out of all but one set. I ordered the set Jenny used for my sis... that way she can watch the video and acclimate to the product with Jenny. Win win.

6. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I watched with my sister and she seemed excited about it. Think that maybe my younger sister who sews with us once in a great while might like this too. she bought a kit back in Sept, asked us to help then hasn't said anything since. After my trip I'll order and get her started.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not interested in paper piecing either. I'd like to know the measurements of the individual HSTs so I can make my own & square them up myself. It's a cute pattern when it all comes together. I loved that fabric line she used.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    I'm not interested in paper piecing either. I'd like to know the measurements of the individual HSTs so I can make my own & square them up myself. It's a cute pattern when it all comes together. I loved that fabric line she used.
    Joy, the squares from the 'cake mix papers' are 8" and 4".
    Cindy

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the measurements.

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I think this would be an outstanding tool for a young person that is just learning. Like maybe 4-H sewing group.. They would most assuredly be successful and have the satisfaction of creating a really complex looknig block with very few pitfalls.....