Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New quilting tutorials!

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseSm View Post
    I really like the way it is organized. Would it be possible under "Types" to have selections for different M* templates, like Orange Peel, Burst, Wacky Web and it would bring up all the tutorials that you use those templates on.
    that's a great idea!! I can swing that

2. Thanks sydneybean thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KaylaWalker View Post
    I like this layout and the filtering options. I did however wonder if the filters are working. When I tried to narrow it down by quilt size, it appears the search results are lacking. For example, when I selected double, the system only responded with one quilt and when I selected baby, the search results included bigger quilts.

Great job!! This is going to make it much easier to find tutorials.
    Yeah, we're still sorting them by size, right now we have precut used, author and difficulty done. We're feverishly going back through over 500 videos and getting them sorted Quilt size is next!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snippet View Post
    why is there a Tutorials with Rob and a For the Beginner but not a Tutorials with Jenny? And will Quilting Snips have a place here too? Those would be for the beginner since they are so fast and easy.

I just think it's a shame to put all of Jenny's tutorials in the category of 'for the beginner' when some aren't - like EPP and curves. Jenny needs a spot all her own!
    We're doing it on a tutorial by tutorial basis, and we'll have the Momma Doan spotlight section coming too If you want to see just her tutorials, you can click on her face on the filter section when browsing for tutorials

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Star lover View Post
    Love it! Great job. Will the app change to look the same? - this new version is so much easier to locate anything! Thank you sooooo much. You're the best!
    P.S. A thought . . . It would be cool to have sub categories. Example. You want to see videos for charms, then sub category for beginner, etc. just a thought. Might be too hard and it still wouldn't keep me from using it. It's great!
    you can already do that!! if you browse the tutorials - http://quiltingtutorials.com/tutorials - then click on the 5" Square under type, then beginner under skill level in the filters on the left, it will just give you those

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Just noticed this today... great! I would really like info up front on the finished size of the quilts, though. Some of the early tutorials don't mention the size at all. It would be great to see a list and size info. Thanks

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's great! I just went to look for a tutorial, that I've made a couple of times, and am making again - just needed a quick refresher. Typed it in the search and there it was!
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

How fabulous to be able to click on instructors! Any chance of having their little bubbles on the front page?

This is far easier, it was cumbersome to search before and this is so simplified. The old style cloud search terms were always hard on the eyes on every website. Give your web designer/ team a raise!

Maybe a section for skill/ technique would be good. Someone else mentioned things like Rob's FMQ and now there are Sue Daley's EPP videos that are so helpful, and things like Jenny's binding tutorials.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This is the coolest thing I've seen since my first time using a M* tutorial! Wow! I'm impressed Now, if we could just each have a stack of business cards to hand out to people when they ask "How'd you DO that??!" LOL

I love this. Nice job!
    ~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

This is fantastic! Love, love, love it! ❤️
    Brenda.

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

VERY nice! Appears to be much much easier to use. Thanks so much.