Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need help putting together a quilt with panels!

I've been sitting on this project for awhile. I have pretty much decided on the following as I love the pictures in the panels and I don't want to detract from them. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	152.0 KB 
ID:	140627

I think I have enough to outline each picture, which I have 16 total.... in the dark brown and then use the horseshoe around the outside. The quilt only needs to be a double bed size so I think I will have enough to cover. Does anyone have any ideas that maybe I could stagger them in some way rather than just lined up? I probably don't have enough of the dark brown to do much however. I have a huge investment in all that additional fabric that I purchased and I'm going to make a scrappy quilt with it, using the turquoise and all for just a throw to go in my horsetrailer with the quilt on the bed. Thanks for all the input!

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Have you seen this quilt pattern for the unbridled horses? You may be able to change the colors a little to fit the fabric you have.

http://http://www.quiltingtreasures....ridled_B2C.pdf

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen it. It isn't exactly what I wanted. I originally wanted to use the turquoise as my primary color. I ordered both the scroll and the damask and they don't match the panels at all to my taste! I ordered a ton of the rusty brown scroll and it is way too busy to go with it! lol I love the border fabric but I had already spent a bunch of money on the other. I am liking this the more I work on it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the one.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	146.7 KB 
ID:	140649
    I ran out of the orange and I like the light gold framing also so I am going to mix it in....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, I know how you are feeling! I find panel quilts much harder to make than quilts made with patterns. I know it's supposed to be easier, but for me . . . it's just not!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	forest-IMG_3496.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	132.7 KB 
ID:	140650

I just finished this quilt and it took me three times longer than any of my other quilts. I had to stop and rethink it at every step. I'm still not 100% happy with it but hey-it's finished and that makes me happy!

And so, I sit here looking at another set of panel pictures and wonder how to do them. Sigh.

Good luck with your quilt.

5. Thanks PrettyCurious thanked for this post
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

River Mom, I like it!

7. Thanks RiverMomm thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I am just glad that someone else is purposely making a quilt for her horse trailer! When I tell people that, they are appalled. Guess they don't get how much I use it.
    The trail is the thing----Louis L'Amour

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

No suggestions, but I really like your blocks. I agree with Snippet; keep moving the blocks around until you're happy with the layout. Make sure to show us what you come up with!