Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default WIP - 2/8/17 - WARNING - Leave Me Alone

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16472994_10154512021387261_6804081160150357264_n.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	139906

Well, honestly, this does not apply to me. I have not been quilting; I have not been sewing. I have been cleaning and cooking new recipes. I guess I am on a hiatus from quilting, as I am feeling no desire to do anything in my sewing room. I have been focused on getting some sewing projects finished, and find that I have no motivation to do so. Therefore, I am going to take a different tactic. I am going to make something new! Well, partially new. I have blocks that have to be sewn together to make a quilt top. While making pajamas, pillows, bags and purses, etc. is nice, it is not my love. My love is making quilts. (And cooking new recipes is next on the list!) So, I am going to work on a quilt - and then, I expect my motivation will return and I will get the other projects done as well.

I just read through last week's thread. There are so many nice projects being done. Thanks to everyone for posting, and now, let us know what you are doing this week.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 2/8/17 - WARNING - Leave Me Alone

I sent my best applique quilt ever done, Winters Song, to Julia Quiltoff to be quilted. She did an amazing job. This week I will be doing the finishing work on the quilt (label, hanging sleeve, and binding.) I am also going to add some beads for the birds eyes, and some beads to highlight the beautiful snowflakes Julia quilted in. Beading a quilt takes me a long time, so it may be all I get done this week.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

3. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise, don't forget it post a picture when your winter quilt is complete. Can't wait to see it!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sylvia, I love your sign!!

The LQS ( well actually it's not very "local" being about an hour away) is doing a block of the month and it the Festive Forest quilt. I'm doing a baby size version of it. We had our first meeting and talked about making the fox. I went home and made all my foxes, then today I made the first bunny. I think I'm supposed to wait till next month to make the bunny but I've heard on this forum that there are no quilt police! So I'm probably safe even though I'm skipping ahead.

Jeannette

6. Thanks threadbndr, Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So far during the week, my time for sewing has been spent updating the blog for my modern quilt guild - why can't I say no? It was pretty easy - I didn't have to write anything, just copy and paste, insert the links and pics.

I got a quilt top finished on Saturday and need to figure out backing fabric - I think I have some that will work, just need to see if it really strikes my fancy or not with the quilt. I am pretty sure what I want to use for binding and I will need to go buy more of it, unless I change my mind - can you tell I am not very decisive this week? This quilt is for a friend of mine, whose sister lost her battle with cancer last week at age 52. I had made the sister a quilt for chemo earlier this year and was hoping to get one done for my friend, but things suddenly took a turn for the worst last week. I know she will appreciate it, no matter when she gets it. I just want to wrap her in a quilty hug. Time to get off this computer and go look at the possibilities for backing fabric.......

Jeannette - I tend to skip ahead too, when I love a project, so just have fun with it!

Loving all of the signs and projects shared on this thread.
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

8. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 quilts I am piecing together... and it is slow going since I have a cold and can't stop coughing/sneezes in between. Lovely weather and I can't wait for the week end when it gets warm again. (ABOVE 50). Well close to 50 anyhow.

One quilt is a Granny square and the other is a bunch of blue/brown orphan blocks .. both will be lovely. I just got another box of Orphans from Mom23 (Robin) and there are 2 quilts (pieces) in it that keep calling my name. I think I've got an addiction that can't be controlled... ever!

10. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	189.0 KB 
ID:	139909. Two quilts I'm working on.
    Anita G.

12. Thanks Claire Hallman, QuiltingRN, kimsophia thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Anita...These are great! I especially like the checkered chevron. Is there a pattern for it? I always love seeing your creations.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    Anita...These are great! I especially like the checkered chevron. Is there a pattern for it? I always love seeing your creations.
    Here is a tutorial from Sew Mama Sew.
    http://www.sewmamasew.com/2016/03/go...uilt-tutorial/

I think i have also seen this on tje Moda Bake Shop site.

15. Thanks Carah, Sylvia H thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sylvia.
    I am in the Fantastic finishing group but I, too, have no motivation this month. My chosen project for February is just not working out and I need a rest from it. Like you, I have decided to work on another project. Yesterday I started a baby quilt. Not much headway yet but at least I am once again looking forward to sewing.
    Hope everyone has a productive day.

17. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post