Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sewing machine versus quilting pin.......a picture says it all!

I have been unable to sew for a couple of months due to a work injury so was so happy to finally get some time and physical health to start quilting this afternoon...until.................

And no...the needle did not go through the hole in the pin...it went THROUGH the pin!

Hmmmmm......I wonder how the Bernina is going to sew tomorrow!!! Oh dear!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170203_184024 (Mobile).jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	159.4 KB 
ID:	139699   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170203_184053 (Mobile).jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	163.1 KB 
ID:	139700  

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sewing machine versus quilting pin.......a picture says it all!

Good morning Just4me,

Wow that is something I've never seen before. I sure hope your machine works ok.
    Have a blessed day
    Pam[/I]
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my - that does make you think it might affect the machine.

Not saying I did something similar - but - if the machine acts funny you may want to turn it off and pull the plug. I let it rest for a few minutes, plug it back in and then turn it on at the switch. It seems that somehow it resets itself!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, strong machine. Mine went right thru my finger and suspended itself there. Didn't break the needle and was pretty scary backing it back out of my finger.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch, that hurts my machine just looking at the pictures! Hope all is well with yours.
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Well, happy days and muttering thanks to the Gods as it would seem that Bernice the Bernina 710 has survived the pin impaling with hardly a sweat broken across her pretty head! Phew! Sat down this afternoon with great trepidation, fully expecting to be packing her up in her carry case to await the long lonely trip to the sewing machine mechanic to fix whatever hideous things I had done to her! But no....."ha" she laughed at me, "you'll have to do better than that to stop me!" she whispered as I turned her on with a wince and a sigh. I've just finished doing about an hour and a half of quilting on her with no probs...all working great and me feeling ever so much like I "dodged a bullet".....big time!

7. Thanks GaGa thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grammaterry View Post
    Wow, strong machine. Mine went right thru my finger and suspended itself there. Didn't break the needle and was pretty scary backing it back out of my finger.
    Oh "eek" and "yuck".... I cn't imagine what that would have been like for you.....I'm truly shuddering just thinking about it! The idea of actually backing the needle out of your finger.....ooooooooooooooo!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just4me View Post
    I've just finished doing about an hour and a half of quilting on her with no probs...all working great and me feeling ever so much like I "dodged a bullet".....big time!
    Good for you! I thought there wouldn't be harm. Sometimes we forget what workhorses our machines are. I love my Bernina. It's one of the original computerized models (Activa 135) and hums like it's brand new.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just4me View Post
    Well, happy days and muttering thanks to the Gods as it would seem that Bernice the Bernina 710 has survived the pin impaling with hardly a sweat broken across her pretty head! Phew! Sat down this afternoon with great trepidation, fully expecting to be packing her up in her carry case to await the long lonely trip to the sewing machine mechanic to fix whatever hideous things I had done to her! But no....."ha" she laughed at me, "you'll have to do better than that to stop me!" she whispered as I turned her on with a wince and a sigh. I've just finished doing about an hour and a half of quilting on her with no probs...all working great and me feeling ever so much like I "dodged a bullet".....big time!
    So glad she's working perfectly after that scare!
    Cindy

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I have a pin like that. I saved it for a long time to remind me. LOL Pfaff is a strong machine because it did not even balk. It took the needle and tried to keep going.