Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fence Rail Star Quilt

Hi
    I have been trying to figure out what I should use the Jelly Roll called "Afternoon In the Attic /Pixie Strips " that I purchased as a daily deal last week....
    I questioned some of you about certain patterns as well. Honestly I don't know WHY I am being so nutty about trying to figure out what I want to do with this Jelly Roll !

So, I watched this tutorial once again....and at the VERY end of the video, Jenny does mention doing sashing if you wanted with this tutorial....So, I am going to try that.

Thanks to those of you who I have asked for help....and to those of you who posted comments on post I posted about what to do with the Jelly Roll.

I want to make a twin sized quilt for my GD's December 9th birthday. I am finishing up the two Star Baby Quilts for the kids to take to Disney world in the car with them. I enlarged that quilt by making 4 of the "quilts " each and sewing them together. One is being done with Mickey Mouse Fabrics the other is being done with Minion Fabrics.

Here's the video for that tutorial I am talking about ....called Fence Rail Star Quilt
    https://quiltingtutorials.com/tutori...ilt-with-jenny

Name:  clip-art-garfield-935894.gif
Views: 399
Size:  9.9 KB

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fence Rail Star Quilt

I don't think you are nutty. I think the fabric has to "talk to you" and so does the pattern. When I was having trouble deciding on fabric and pattern for a friend I told her I was having trouble deciding because it wasn't talking to me and she told me to get a puppy.

3. Thanks SallyO'Sews thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Girl View Post
    I don't think you are nutty. I think the fabric has to "talk to you" and so does the pattern. When I was having trouble deciding on fabric and pattern for a friend I told her I was having trouble deciding because it wasn't talking to me and she told me to get a puppy.
    Non quilters just don't get it.....fabric does "talk" to you!....well it talks to me (us) too... not so sure about everyone else.

5. Thanks SallyO'Sews thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks...I appreciate your comment, I really do. This is the first time I have purchased a Jelly Roll that I have had trouble deciding what I am going to do with the fabric I bought.
    Normally when purchasing fabric I pin a note the fabric as to what I want to do with it.....I learned this from my MIL years ago. She told me that prior to putting little 'notes" on fabric, she would forget what she actually purchased it for.

I do think fabric has to "speak " to you.....I really like this fabric "Afternoon In The Attic /Pixie Strips, so I was really amazed when I couldn't make up my mind what I wanted to do with it !!!

Again, Thanks....I appreciate your comment !
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clip-art-garfield-674442.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	143945

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redcaboose1717 View Post
    I do think fabric has to "speak " to you.....I really like this fabric "Afternoon In The Attic /Pixie Strips, so I was really amazed when I couldn't make up my mind what I wanted to do with it !!!Click image for larger version. 

Views:	6 
ID:	143945
    ....that's cause when we love a fabric our minds see sew so much with it and it can't decide which one is "best" so we agonize over it. Although I have some just scream at me....just doesn't happen all the time...sometimes it's a whisper and then like you....which pattern for which fabric. Hope it starts screaming at you so you can move on.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Star lover View Post
    ....that's cause when we love a fabric our minds see sew so much with it and it can't decide which one is "best" so we agonize over it. Although I have some just scream at me....just doesn't happen all the time...sometimes it's a whisper and then like you....which pattern for which fabric. Hope it starts screaming at you so you can move on.
    Thanks Anita......the bad thing is that I love the entire line of that fabric. I usually pick fabrics I like....but I am totally in love with like I am with this "Afternoon In The Attic"......I also felt that way with the fabric line by Debbie Beaves called Fresh Lilacs......that was a couple of years ago.
    Sigh.....I just shouldn't fall so totally in love with certain fabrics I guess.

I think I will just pick a tutorial get the quilt started...and go from there ! ( But I am still looking that this line in the Layer Cakes ! LOL )
    I just was looking at the front page of MSQC website here. There's some kid's fabrics that I like too.....I am glad that at least 4-5 days out of 7 I am not overly obsessed with the Daily Deal....otherwise I would have a big, big problem !

Well, off to eat one of my No-Bake Cookies.....and a cup of hot tea, then I am off to the store.
    Have a great day everyone....

Oh....and BTW.....if anyone wants the recipe for the No-Bake Cookies I just spoke of .....check my users the recipe is in there!

Name:	clip-art-garfield-475847.gif 
Views:	9 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	143951

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Fabric often talks to me....it says BUY ME

10. Thanks liz72703, SallyO'Sews thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Hallman View Post
    Fabric often talks to me....it says BUY ME
    And I listen to it EVERY time!

12. Thanks SallyO'Sews, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Not gonna' lie.... I am loving this entire thread!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I Agree Claire.....I probably should wear EAR PLUGS and a BLIND FOLD as far as fabric is concerned. DH has said more than once "So what was the reason this time that fabric ended up coming home with you ?" I always just smile at him and have said more than once "Well, this fabric was lonely.....and I thought it needed a new home, so I bought it. Now it will have company with all the other fabric and pre-cuts in my sewing room."
    ( and of course I don't remind him about all the stuff he buys and puts in the garage either......)

Views:	9 
ID:	143989