Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default WIP - 2/1/17 - There is no Quilters Anonymous ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16299024_10154497729737261_7470793279692483920_n.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	139642

It is already February! Wow, January seemed to really go by quickly. After a rather non-productive month, I am feeling more motivated to make something this month. I still have some catching up on partially done projects so that comes first. I'm going to challenge myself to get those things done by next Wednesday. (You heard it here first! )

Today is JJ's ninth birthday. We are going to celebrate with some new toys, treats, and several games of fetch. Here is JJ a few weekends ago when we were visiting my daughter and her family. Isn't he a handsome fella?

Name:	IMG_0332 (1).jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	202.1 KB 
ID:	139644

Can't wait to find out what everyone else is doing this week.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

2. Thanks kimsophia, pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 2/1/17 - There is no Quilters Anonymous ...

Happy birthday JJ

Beautiful dog. His head is probably bigger than my little 5 1/2 lb. poodle, who will be 10 in April.
    Have a blessed day
    Pam[/I]
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

4. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday JJ, you sure are a beautiful boy, and I bet you are as sweet and gentle as you are handsome.

I'm finishing up the binding on my DIL's quilt, which should only take a few more evenings. After quilting & binding three quilt tops in the past month (including DIL's) I'm really jonesing to do some piecing, so I will satisfy that craving by doing another "Quartered Stripe Quilt" - this will be my third one. They are so quick & fun to put together, and have so much "POP"!

6. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am starting my smaller blue and white quilt this week. Here is the one I am doing

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/alb...hmentid=132320

I have finished the backing. As usual I didn't have enough fabric so I improvised something out of three different pieces. Here is the back

Name:	100_3220.jpg 
Size:	195.9 KB 
ID:	139645

Since this quilt is a smaller lap quilt it will be easier for me to maneuver through my DSM. I will be putting a double feather border on the top and bottom, and I will be trying Angela Walters Ribbon Candy variation on the two center pieces of unpieced fabric. After much practice I can doodle it on paper now, so it is time to try it on fabric. I am going to try denim blue variegated thread.

I am burning through my rolls of quilt batting. I thought I had purchased enough to get my through the winter quilting season but it is going so fast!
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

8. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

denise, I just checked in at Connecting threads and they have batting on sale for 30% off plus if you use the code save15 you get an additional 15 % off. I ordered 7 rolls this morning. Thought it was a good deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeniseSm View Post
    I am starting my smaller blue and white quilt this week. Here is the one I am doing

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/alb...hmentid=132320

I have finished the backing. As usual I didn't have enough fabric so I improvised something out of three different pieces. Here is the back

Name:	100_3220.jpg 
Size:	195.9 KB 
ID:	139645

Since this quilt is a smaller lap quilt it will be easier for me to maneuver through my DSM. I will be putting a double feather border on the top and bottom, and I will be trying Angela Walters Ribbon Candy variation on the two center pieces of unpieced fabric. After much practice I can doodle it on paper now, so it is time to try it on fabric. I am going to try denim blue variegated thread.

I am burning through my rolls of quilt batting. I thought I had purchased enough to get my through the winter quilting season but it is going so fast!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sylvia, I am going to stick with my wisteria sampler until next Wednesday too...I am too close and too fired up to put it back down. I should buy all my samplers partially sewn!

11. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have had a bad week! Been in hospital Monday with kidney stones/infection. Discharged with stronger painkillers (already on antibiotics) only to have an adverse reaction to them so back in hospital last night and discharged today. Pain is easing but after a week of very little sleep I feel wiped out. Hopefully I have turned the corner and will feel better soon.
    Needless to say I haven't even done any housework or cooking since last week so any ideas of going into my sewing room are not on my radar. Maybe next week.

13. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday JJ!

No sewing for me since Sunday. SUNDAY! Had a terrible back ache, I could only sleep and sleep and lay in bed waiting it to go away. a lot of painkillers not fun. I'm almost good as new so I hope to have a better weekend ahead of me happy sewing everyone!
    My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

15. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Happy belated Birthday!
    I will be continuing with my moms xmas quilt using Maxine panels and various other travel items incorporated into it.
    I will also be cutting t-shirts to size for a t-shirt quilt that my mom will make (but she does not know how to sew).

Plus various:
    Block of day
    Block of week
    Pincushion for a swap
    Needlebook for a swap

Whew..I am tired already

Sam

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I spent last night chain piecing half a four patch in different colors only to realize I sewed the wrong colors together. Now I have 32 pairs of squares to rip apart. >.<

18. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post