Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Facebook GRR!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Facebook GRR!

I have more than one account, back when I was playing games on it. None of the names I used are real. I mean they were totaly stupid like "Yo Queen" just so you get the idea.
    I finaly changed my user name on one of the accounts to my real name [they only let you do this once] so I could connect with friends and family. I'm glad I did because I'm in a lot of FB quilting groups now.
    They never asked for anything, but I have a friend who's last name truly is Trojan, and it wouldn't let her use that name. She ended up going with a different spelling of it. So, I'm guessing you have a name that gets some 'abuse' and they won't let you use it unless you prove it is correct. To avoid that, you can probably use a different spelling or a nick name, or even a hyphenated one that includes your maiden name. In my case that's too personal, so I won't do it, but others are fine with it.

and by the way, NEVER use your real birthdate online!

Try again with a nick name, and only basic info like state - no city. Don't say where you work, either.
    Last edited by PrettyCurious; January 28th, 2017 at 03:04 PM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseSm View Post
    Everybody and everything is on Facebook now. So this morning I finally broke down and tried to create an account. I used my real name and my real birth date, Nope it won't let me create an account unless I upload a photo government id or two other documents including at least one photo and my birth date.

I already feel violated and invaded and gave up. I just want to follow and like things and keep up with my friends.

I am going back to cower in my sewing room now. Epic fail.
    They made you do what?!? I did not have to do any of those things and I have more than one account on facebook, only one with my real name.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The new id requirements started in 2015. Technology wise I have always been a slow adopter.
    One of the accounts I have I made in 2016 and I was not asked for any of these things.....makes one wonder.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Everybody and everything is on Facebook now. So this morning I finally broke down and tried to create an account. I used my real name and my real birth date, Nope it won't let me create an account unless I upload a photo government id or two other documents including at least one photo and my birth date.

I already feel violated and invaded and gave up. I just want to follow and like things and keep up with my friends.

I am going back to cower in my sewing room now. Epic fail.
    DH created an account just last week and didn't have to do any of that. Are you sure this isn't a bogus Facebook site?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty sure there is a problem with her name. Lemme guess. Is it Smith?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
    DH created an account just last week and didn't have to do any of that. Are you sure this isn't a bogus Facebook site?
    https://www.facebook.com

Every time I hit "Create Account" it says I have to use my real name that is used in everyday life. I am using my real name and my real birth date which are on multiple government documents. I am baffled why Facebook thinks it is not my real name. I got my DH to help me clear all my Facebook cookies, and restarted my computer. Same problem. Following the links sends me to this page where I have to submit photo proof of my identity and birth date

https://www.facebook.com/help/159096...ef=faq_content

I tried changing my true last name from Smart to a made up name of "Simple" in case my last name was the problem. Nope it still says I have to upload photo proof of my identity and birth date.

This isn't happening to other people??? Why me?

I think Facebook thinks I am my husband David. When I hit the Facebook link in this post Facebook says "Hi David." I want to Create my own Facebook page without having to upload photo proof of my identity and birth date.
    Last edited by DeniseSm; January 28th, 2017 at 05:33 PM.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think Facebook thinks I am my husband David. When I hit the Facebook link in this post Facebook says "Hi David." I want to Create my own Facebook page without having to upload photo proof of my identity and birth date.
    That right there is the issue. If it still thinks you are David, then all of your cookies have not been cleared.

Try this, go to Facebook with a different browser. If David always logs in with Chrome, try using Firefox Or Opera, something that he has never used before just so you have a clean browser for the account set up.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I stay on facebook to keep up with the kids...none of them live where we live.
    Right now it has turned into a Political Hotspot! I am soooo sick of politics and everything Trump! Wish there was a way to block anything that has to do with politics.
    LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Augh!!! My husband beat on the computer for an hour, downloaded new browsers, we even tried using my Smartphone. No go.

We finally resorted to making up a new fake name, a new gmail account and a fake birthday. That Facebook accepted. Something not right about that!

So I now have a Facebook account, of a sort.

I think my head is going to explode.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mimis-quilts View Post
    I stay on facebook to keep up with the kids...none of them live where we live.
    Right now it has turned into a Political Hotspot! I am soooo sick of politics and everything Trump! Wish there was a way to block anything that has to do with politics.
    There is an add on called F.B. Purity. You can set it up to block word specific things. I fnially added it about 3 weeks before the election. I still see some, but not near as many as I did without it. http://www.fbpurity.com/
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.