Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 1/18/17 - Quilting is a Way of Life

Hi, just a quick check in. I've been crazy busy with family, but everything is getting back to normal. I've been working on Bonnie Hunters mystery. My goal for this weekend is to quilt two baby quilts for twin boys. I'm behind the boys are 6months already. Have another friend who is expecting twins ( boy/girl) any day now. Hopefully I can pick out a pattern and get the fabrics picked out.
    Anita G.

2. Thanks pcbatiks, sewbizzy thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your post...I haven't done any piecing or quilting since I had my hip replaced in September...I am finally getting the urge to get back in the sewing room....quilting has been a wonderful part of my life too...
    I have done quite a bit of cross stitch and made made some shirts for craft shows though...it is my night time projects while dh and I are watching some tv programs or movies...
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I got my tacking/tying repairs done on my chair back cushion so I can use it again. My new glasses still haven't arrived so I am waiting for them. The new bobbin case is working fine. I suppose I could organize my sewing room but I actually like it looking like a volcano exploded. It's not boring. lol I bought the beads for another cross stitching sampler and they were ridiculously expensive, but I couldn't find comparable ones cheaply on any other sites. I might do some slow freehand embroidery for practice with crazy quilt stitches.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Each night when I get home from the restaurant I have been FMQing a DP9 105x100 inch quilt. I'm half done. Nothing as ambitious as Denise's but it will get done I sold the 9 patch swap today and was pretty excited about that and I found someone to help me with the Shriners Project. So , a good week all in all

6. Thanks Juliet Taylor thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope to get some sewing done today I missed quilting the whole weekend
    My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love the quilting...great job!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So this weekend I finished the Bonnie Hunter mystery top. Made the quilt top for a baby quilt. No longarming yet.
    Anita G.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

This week was good! I took apart the three center blocks on a Scrappy Sister's Choice that needed to be re-worked and cut new fabric where necessary and put them back together. Having the featherweight serviced has made ALL the difference. I also finally installed the 'seam fence' that I added to my last MSQC order at the last second - also makes a huge difference. I still have 20 more 9 patches to make and each one is different, so no quick and easy strip/seam/wack/done for this project LOL.

There's a lot of cutting yet to go as I've not even really started on the points and outer round of pieces. I think I'll cut some neutrals tonight, though, and make up at least a couple of blocks so I can be sure it's coming together like I want before I get much further.

On the quilting front, I'm procrastinating on a hand quilted bed topper - both layers are pieced and I'm finding it hard (and very uneven) going.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My life is rather upside down at the moment, I haven't been able to sew. I miss it terribly and try to keep working to get to the point I can put my machine up and shut out the world. In a lot of physical pain from stenosis, and my DH is very unwell with the effects of A FIB, Heart /Failure, Diabetes and MDS. Plus having his legs in bad shape as a result of these illness. I also have my 101 year old mom who lives with us and is a sweetie. My DD is now residing with us for awhile, she is unemployed and looking. She has been a blessing, so it is not all bad. Just have to get back to my sewing.!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Allick,
    Prayers that your life turns right side up soon.Kathy