Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disappointed

I love ms*qc and have since its beginning but by now they should know that any tutorial they put up and the supplies or fabric they use will sell out. You would think they would stock pile those items up . I guess I'll have to wait til my wish list items come back in stock

2. Thanks tassie devil thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Disappointed

You do kinda have a point there......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I can only think of one quilt from Jenny's tutorials that I actually used the same fabric collection. Usually, I wait so long to do one of her quilts that the fabric is not only sold out, but it's also discontinued, so I have to be creative. Doesn't bother me though because I like the idea that my quilt will be different from all the others that have also made the same pattern.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I do like some of her fabrics to make my quilts with, but I also like to use my own ideas to interpret her quilting ideas into projects. Besides after many years of buying Daily Deals, I have a very well stocked store of my own in my basement!

I do know that there is often a time lapse between when they make their sample quilts for the tutorials and when the tutorials become available. Often, they are using pre-release fabrics, and just when the actual stock comes in can be unpredictable. Although the idea to coordinate tutorial with stock is an excellent idea, it often doesn't happen because of circumstances beyond their control. Just sayin'!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have never made one of her quilts. However, when at the retreat last fall, I loved the one made with the cactus fabric! It didn't help they had it hanging front and center in one of the shops. I bought everything but the cream while there and one day, it will be lovely!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

7. Thanks seaturtle thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I always thought it would be a good idea to put a new template used in the tutorial on the daily deal that day. But I don't work there. lol

Lorie

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I have made several of the quilts from M* tutorails but never with the same fabric. I am working on the Pins and Paws using black , grey and black and white scraps & fatquarters.
    "Never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it"
    Hillary Clinton

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The fabric and templates don't always sell out. Sometimes they do. It can be a guessing game of which ones would. One of the tutorials that I thought the fabric would sell out immediately didn't. As a matter of fact, the fabric can still be bought the last time that I checked. Like Jean has said about the time when the quilts are made, the tutorials come out and the time when the stock is in. And to even think about trying to plan it with the daily deal could be a real nightmare as the daily deals are planned out months in advance so that there is the supply needed for the daily deal.

And sometimes MSQC gets all the templates or fabric that they can and items still sells out.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't able to find bread at our local grocery the other day because someone said there was going to be an ice storm.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

12. Thanks quiltingaway, seaturtle, LizTheScot thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I can't even imagine making the quilt out of the same fabrics someone else had used. I really like seeing what will happen with my own ideas and of course, using up what I have on hand.