Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just a Question about the Sale Bin?

Is there a simple way to find which items are out of stock without having to check each one? It would save so much time. After awhile you become frustrated and tend to just give up.

2. Thanks CraftySweetPeas, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Just a Question about the Sale Bin?

Carolyn.....I had this same issue last week trying to find co-ordinating yardage on sale (12 half yard cuts).......by page 12, I contacted Chat Live with M*. It didn't do any good....I was told that the yardage that goes on sale sells out quickly.

Well, if the yardage is sold out? Why is the pic and price still there to view? I got frustrated and started looking at half yard bundles on Fat Quarter shop. Granted, I didn't buy anything, but at least I could view what I was looking for!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

4. Thanks Midge thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I gave up looking in the sale bin too. I must have looked at 10 different white on whites and every one of them was out of stock. I quit looking.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of months back I also inquired about the "currently unavailable" items showing up in the sale bin.

I specifically asked - "If it comes back into stock will it be at the sale price?" the rep who I was chatting with said no. Then I asked if the "Out Of Stock" overlay could be put over the picture so I wouldn't waste the time it takes to go to the item page. Didn't really get an answer. If it were me, since it would be coming back at the regular price, I would pull the graphic back to the regular stock page with the "Out Of Stock" overlay and effectively have the bin display what was actually available.

Yes, it would take a person dedicated to keeping that portion of the site updated, but since M* is predominantly an internet e-tailer, a streamlined inventory would probably lead to more sales.

I too have given up on shopping the sale bin because it turns out to be a frustrating waste of time for me. But I must add that I do love every other aspect of this company. My orders have been accurate and arrive relatively quickly and their providing this forum is a blessing. I truly hope a M* employee brings this thread to the attention of a member of their Board.

7. Thanks Kgrammiecaz thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't shop the sale bin either for the same reason.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh, I can help fix this. Right now we wait 24 hours to show something as out of stock on the browse page, I can move that up to an hour or two and help alleviate this pain. (this came up in another thread too, let's fix this bad boy) - give me a few weeks, I'll have us up and running

10. Thanks Claire Hallman, mommadeb thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post
    Ahh, I can help fix this. Right now we wait 24 hours to show something as out of stock on the browse page, I can move that up to an hour or two and help alleviate this pain. (this came up in another thread too, let's fix this bad boy) - give me a few weeks, I'll have us up and running
    Thank you! I love sales and would love to shop the sale bin again.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post
    Thank you, thank you!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Al, I sure hope you can fix this because it is very annoying to order fabric and have the order sit for days while it is determined that you don't have the item. And this applies to non sale bin items, too.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

We are fixing that as we speak. It's an inventory issue, and normally it's because you ordered the fabric at the same time someone was holding it to purchase in the shops. We just now, have opened an add on to our warehouse where we'll start pulling all of our online fabric so what you see on the website is held in reserve for the online orders. That and another software upgrade for inventory tracking that is going in the next quarter to be ready for summer. We have a goal to have every order ship within 24 hours, right now our average is still a bit above that (like one and a half days ish?) so most go out well under the 24 hour mark, then a few just hang. Those are the ones we're building all these systems to fix.