Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disappointed

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Disappointed

Louise, I have seen a quilt tutorial and just fell in love with the fabrics used in the tutorial. I think that's why M* ( Jenny) tells us the fabric used. Sometimes, it just seems right to use those fabrics because they caught our eye. I see where it's desirable to use those fabrics if available. At certain times, with a certain pattern, certain tutorial, I have had to make my own decision about fabric selection, and do the best I can. Sometimes I'm happy and satisfied, sometimes not so much. Not all of us are as comfortable and confident about selecting colors/patterns/fabrics to make the quilt pattern we absolutely love when we see it. We grow with each quilt we make; with the decisions about the fabric selections we make. Make each quilt you make "YOURS", but don't feel bad about wanting the same fabrics that originally made you feel you wanted to make that quilt. Don't be afraid to try something that is different, something that is yours.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have made some of those quilts but have used my own 'stash'.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marta View Post
    I have made several of the quilts from M* tutorails but never with the same fabric. I am working on the Pins and Paws using black , grey and black and white scraps & fatquarters.
    P.S. M*, choice of fabric for the tutoral quilts is right on. I havent used the same fabric because never had it not because I wouldnt want to.
    "Never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it"
    Hillary Clinton

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I mostly use my own fabric choices, but if Jenny makes a quilt from fabrics that really speak to me then I do buy those fabrics for that quilt.
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suzette View Post
    I mostly use my own fabric choices, but if Jenny makes a quilt from fabrics that really speak to me then I do buy those fabrics for that quilt.
    Which is probably why the OP is disappointed......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cv quilter View Post
    Louise, I have seen a quilt tutorial and just fell in love with the fabrics used in the tutorial. I think that's why M* ( Jenny) tells us the fabric used. Sometimes, it just seems right to use those fabrics because they caught our eye. I see where it's desirable to use those fabrics if available. At certain times, with a certain pattern, certain tutorial, I have had to make my own decision about fabric selection, and do the best I can. Sometimes I'm happy and satisfied, sometimes not so much. Not all of us are as comfortable and confident about selecting colors/patterns/fabrics to make the quilt pattern we absolutely love when we see it. We grow with each quilt we make; with the decisions about the fabric selections we make. Make each quilt you make "YOURS", but don't feel bad about wanting the same fabrics that originally made you feel you wanted to make that quilt. Don't be afraid to try something that is different, something that is yours.
    Great response - I think this covers it. I have wondered at times at how quickly some fabric sells out and other times, like Charyti said, it's available months later. Sometimes, it's the yardage that seems to disappear while the LC or charms remain. That's usually what happens to me.
    Cindy

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Its really not the fabric it things like the English paper piecing supplies for the latest tutorial

8. Thanks seaturtle thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This link will be providing for English Paper Piecing...you get more for your money anyway!!!!! I have ordered from then before, never disappointed!

https://www.paperpieces.com/
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

hey all, sorry about the selling out, was just talking about this on another thread, but it's a thing we are very conscious of. On those big days, if we over order, we sit on thousands of dollars of inventory that will take forever to sell at normal prices, if we under order we miss out on tons of sales and give frustration like this, which isn't what we want either. It's a hard balance, but one we are getting smarter at. One of the ideas we had was to start surveying people earlier with what we have coming up to get an idea on what the response will be. We'll try a few things and see if we can tighten it up. Seriously, we get it right most of the time, but the times we get it wrong seem to be the times EVERYONE wanted that thing and it is disappointing. Keep telling us how we're doing, we'll keep moving levers till it gets right.