Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Janome or Juki Sewing Machine?

I have Janome embroidery machines and sewing machines and love them! Very user friendly, and never had a problem with them.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

I personally own a Huskvarna Viking and find it to be a wonderful machine. My only complaint is that the throat space could be bigger

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have never owned a Janome but, I have owned two Juki's. Total love anything Juki makes. The first one I bought at a show and the second one I bought on line from Ken's Sewing Center. As far as I know my warranty is the same as if I bought it in a retail store. I would call if I bought it on line and ask about the warranty policy.

Its exciting getting a new machine. Good luck with what you choose and 70th HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
    Last edited by TMP; December 30th, 2017 at 10:16 PM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have owned Janomes since 1992. I had good dealer support until he retired in June! Currently I own a Janome 15000 and a Singer S16, which is a Janome 1600 clone. Love them both. Have BabyLock sergers, but no other BL machines.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the Janome 6600 while on vacation one year. Came home hunted almost 2 months before finding it. Bought it without test driving and have never regretted it. The only major repair it's had was caused by operator error.
    It has pieced and quilted, sewn hems on jeans, garment sewing and everything else I;ve needed it to do.
    I've also owned a Singer 16K and a Necchi. Highly recommend the Janome 6600.
    BTW I was recently in a J dealer store in Ill, the asking price for the 6600 was $500 more than I paid for mine in 2009. They hold their value. Kathy
    All quilts cat tested and approved.

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

If your main use were to be piecing quilt tops buy an industrial straight stitch machine. They are built much, much better and will work so much better that you cannot believe it until you try one. And they are less expensive plus being mechanical they will still be working in 20 years while most of the computerized machine will be waiting for a circuit board to be replaced. Get a cheap machine for the occasional decorative work and spend the rest of your money on a proven work horse. If you ever try one you will never go back. Oh yeah it's JUKI all the way.

7. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

I have purchased 2 machines from Ken's Sewing Machine with great satisfaction.

Jeanne