Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Janome or Juki Sewing Machine?

I have 3 Janome machines and love them all. My most recent is the 8900. I use it for piecing and fmq. It has a lot of decorative stitches as well. Other than my old Bernina, I've only used Janomes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I like my Juki 2010. Juki used to do the Babylock air threaded sergers (probably still does) so if you have ever used an Imagine or Evolve, you have sewn on a Juki. I'll keep my Babylock Imagine.

I've used the Janomes made for Bernina - sold as Bernette. Fairly good machines. I've also looked at the new Janomes. They look nice, but I've had the even feed technology since Pfaff brought it out years ago. I love it. Don't need an extra foot. But it is a really good thing to have in any way, shape or form.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Janome MC and would never consider sewing on anything else. Everyone has their own choices when it comes to machines. Sit down with each one and give it a spin(so to speak) if at all possible. If a store is not within driving distance, check LQS or a local quilting club. I purchased my machine on line from an authorized dealer. The warranty was not an issue. Service can be a tricky thing to arrange. I checked with two dealers within a reasonable driving distance and they both refused since I did not buy the machine from them. I then called Janome and was told they could not refuse to service a machine if they were an authorized dealer. In order to avoid a conflict with the two dealers I asked for a list of dealers and found one that was more than happy to service my machine. It is three hours from me but I feel better about taking my machine to them. They also operate a very nice quit shop I am told by others. What an excuse for a road trip. I hope you find your ideal machine.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting to read all of the different experiences that people have had. When I retired, I purchased my dream machine - a Janome. Well, after fighting with this machine for a couple of years (rude response from quilt shop and janome), I purchased a Juki. Love this machine - no problems and is a very hard worker. Good luck finding a machine!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm partial to both Juki and Janome, so I don't think you can wrong. Have fun!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Janome Skyline S5 that I have had since July, and is very lightly used. I got a good deal on it, so it fits within your price range. I have all original packaging. The machine is great, but I ended up with a new Bernina. Contact me privately if you are interested. I am in WA state.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Janome all around. I've owned seven plus my serger over the years and have loved every one of them. My 8900 hubby bought for me Christmas before last is a true joy for piecing. Hoping to upgrade my embroidery machine from my 11000 to a 14 or 15 this year sometime. Would never consider anything else.

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Janome 6500 that just sits, I don't like it, never liked they way it sewed, seems clunky. I bought a Juki -f600 and she is a workhorse and I love her very very much, easy to use, smooth, not one issue ever. I will never buy another Janome, I would not hesitate to buy another Juki.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

I have two Janomes and love using both.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have owned 7 Janome and loved every one but one. But my real love now is my Singer S16 straight stitch machine. It sews so fast, so strong, never an issue! It says Singer on the outside, but under the hood it is a Janome 1600 clone! Great machine and great price, I got it for under $500, price now is about $625+\- on Amazon.