Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What Kind of Quilty Goodies Did You Get for Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by Judy, USMC View Post
    If I remember correctly the gift cards were also on sale before Mother's Day. If it holds true for 2017 you may not have to wait long!
    Luckily I can have Christmas any time I want ... so I waited and Steve got me the recent Gift Card deal.
    Hmmm. Thanks for that note!!!
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a set of 'low shank' quilting feet just before Christmas. I needed the darning foot for a project.
    Santa tucked a set of enlarging tracing discs and a box of glow-in-the-dark ball head pins in my stocking.
    Not really exciting.
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

3. Thanks mommadeb thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I got a new machine!! I did get it a little early, and the deal was that hubby and I went in halfsies on it, considering the cost of it. He likes to do embroidery so he uses it a lot too. BabyLock Destiny II

I also got two boxes of pre-wound bobbins - one black and one white; a set of needles (about 8 5-packs) in a little tin box; and lastly an embroidery package I've been desiring called Winter Fun. It will be a challenge to get it all finished by next winter.

Oh and my mom gave us some cash. Which will be used wisely I am sure.

Nancy
    Nancy

Psalm 126:3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

5. Thanks mommadeb thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing quilty here as gifts. I purchased fabrics during the holidays from MSQC but, not any BIG orders. I didn't ask for gift cards this year either.

7. Thanks cjsews thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I received 2 gift cards to a local shop one from my sister and one DH. My sister also gave me a big wooden button wall hanging. DD and DH both gave me a gift card to JoAnns to buy batting and thread. DH also gave me a gift card to MSQ and the promise to take me there in March. I am really excited about the promised trip.

9. Thanks mommadeb, Claire Hallman, pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I got a quilt cutter 2 and I'm super excited to try it but I have a bunch of precuts already. LOL I'd sent a link about it to my kids as a joke and shock to me they got it for me.
    Susan Davis
    Remember, the mighty oak was just a nut that held its ground.

11. Thanks mommadeb thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ask for some fabric sissors and got a pair of fiskers - poor DH - doesn't know as much about sewing as I thought - LOL. We only do stockings, so I guess they were in the stocking price range. He got them at Joann's and was trying to get me a gift card as well, but they were so unorganized and unprofessional he stopped with the sissors. They told him that they only took cash for the purshase of gift cards - no credit or debit cards could be used - and it ticked him off. However, DS & DIL gave me a nice hefty gift card to Joanns, but they got it at one of those huge credit card purchase racks in the grocery store - go figure.

13. Thanks mommadeb thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My kids got me a new chair , mine wouldn't raise up anymore. It is really nice not to have cushions to sit on , I have been afraid of the cushion not being on the seat right and totally missing chair and end up on the floor! LOL!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Santa put a package of different colored frixion pens and a small pair of extremely sharp pointed scissors ( perfect for trimming applique work on the embroidery machine), and a gift certificate to my local quilt store in my stocking.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

16. Thanks mommadeb thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ruby (Handsoffitsmine) sent me a fat quarter bundle when she mailed the doll for Maizyn. That's all I got this year. Jodi did have a tote bag (commercially made, thin) that says on it: Stitchin', bitchin' & Braless A quilter's Life is Good and a note pad, with Monique's Notes on the top Ball of yarn and a spool of thread and "This is how I roll" written across the bottom.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

18. Thanks mommadeb thanked for this post