Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Giveaway Week 50 Dec 30th - Jan 6th

I hope to do one or two Christmas lap quilts. I said the same thing about 8 months ago!!

Judy Kay Guest

My goal for 2012 is to get some UFOs finished & some Christmas table runners for this year. I started too late last year and only got one done and need to do at least three more.

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Goals for 2012....oh let me count the goals...lol. I've been going thru my quilt magazine stash and am finding sooooo many inspirations. On the top of my list is to try 3 new patterns.... and finish those 3 quilts this year! One each for 3 very dear couples in our lives. I also have 2 in progress (1 for each of my kids) that need to be finished.

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

My goal is to finish a Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt I have. I also need to set aside more time to Quilt!!!!! I have lots of ideas and lots of fabric to use for the New Year!
    Angela

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

I have decided to improve my quilting skills by taking a course online. It is pretty basic but as I taught myself to quilt, I would like to know that the way I learned it and perceived the skill is correct. O.K. so I'm a bit anal. I have also done this with my crocheting and knitting...also self taught. And with you tube around there are a ton of free lessons. Thanks so much to Missouri Star Quilt Shop for all the free tutorials that are offered. I was a bit uneasy about trying traditional quilting until I saw some of the short cuts you gals have suggested on the tutorials. Thank you! I even attempted a Dresden Plate square and it turned out beautiful! I almost did not give it away as I had intended because I liked it so much.

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

My goal is to make my loved ones a quilt....each of them. Also, I want to make stockings for Christmas, for next year!

Jess

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

My 2012 goal would be to finish quilting the Christmas quilt from several years ago. I have enough quilting done that I can use it but I really want to do more. However, that was also my 2011 goal. LOL I did do some quilting on it in 2011 but I am having a hard time deciding how I want to quilt it. I also get nervous when I quilt - so much time and money in a quilt I would hate to ruin it. Well, there is also the quilt for my daughter and more quilting on the quilt I made for church. Sew much to do - gotta run!

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

My first 2012 goal is to teach my best friend and her Mom (age 85) how to quilt. She has already purchased the fabric and the pattern. Now we just need to get started. She wanted to wait until after the holidays. I purchased fabric for her Mom (as a gift) and a very simple pattern. She is a little nervous, but I told her we would work on it together. Besides that, I have four quilts of my ownto start (already purchased material) and a whole stack of scraps that need to be cut into useable sizes. Just wish I could retire so I would have more time to "play".

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

my goal is to complete my list of quilts and not get sidetracked! I am alsoo going to focus on making at least a sample of every old english pattern i can find. Each county seemed to have a signature pattern and i would like to do something small towards preserving the english patterns

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

My goal is to just get in there and finish all my ufo's!! I have quite a few and then I can even clean up the quilt room and who knows??? maybe make the beds and dust the rest of the house too lol
    Happy Happy New Year everyone!!!!