Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Scissors Lives Matter

A very good morning to you all,

Grampz has not formally introduced me to the group here. I am Miss RR Scissors of the Salt Lake City Scissors Family. A very well made family I might interject here. You may call me Miss Scissors. Mr. Seam Ripper that horrible thing says that I am a snob just because I do not like to cut on anything but the best fabric a lady of my stature may sink her teeth into. Please pass the tissue as I tell you the horible story of Grampz' boy using me to cut open a cereal bag. Me! used on a cereal bag. I was mortified. Seam Riper and Rotary Cutter laughed at my agony of the situation. I ask you all how much does a young lady like myself have to take? Grampz now hides me and makes sure I will only be used on fabric of the best around. Grampz treats me with the greatest of respect. I plead with you all ...

Hey all this is Seam Ripper again. Just wanted to interupt "her scissorness" to let you all know she was purchased at Walmart on a special. She is no hoity toity dame like she tries to appear. ....

Please excuse the crass Mr. Seam Ripper. Mr Seam Ripper is barbaric I tell you. He sometimes nicks a tears a little on my friends the fabrics with that sharp pointy thing of his. As I was trying to say before I was so rudely interrupted, I plead with you all to treat your scissors with love and respect that they deserve. Don't just throw them in a drawer, Don't use them on paper or dare I say it again?, cereal bags. Make sure you take them to get sharpened from time to time. I know Mr Rotary Cutter is able to do twice as much as myself but maybe use us more we need to work too.
    Sincerly yours,

Miss Scissors

PS. I like it when Grampz sings. He is pretty good .... Well good if you close one ear and squint your left eye!
    Last edited by Grampz; December 27th, 2016 at 02:55 PM.
    VETERAN
    n. [VET-ER-AN]
    Someone Who Will Knock You Out
    For Stepping On
    The American Flag!

2. Thanks MRoy, PrettyCurious thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Scissors Lives Matter

Grampz ~ What a delight your humorous postings have been recently. Thanks for the smiles.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

but can Mr Rotary Cutter cut things in the air? No he is a co-dependant, and his partner Matt just lays there barking directions while he works. Even then, he sometimes goes off course when his owner isn't looking. You, Miss Scissors are truly the Queen of the sewing room, and you certainly have my respect.

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    Grampz ~ What a delight your humorous postings have been recently. Thanks for the smiles.
    Thank you. I enjoy writing too. Glad you liked it and it put a smile on your face.
    VETERAN
    n. [VET-ER-AN]
    For Stepping On
    The American Flag!

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyCurious View Post
    but can Mr Rotary Cutter cut things in the air? No he is a co-dependant, and his partner Matt just lays there barking directions while he works. Even then, he sometimes goes off course when his owner isn't looking. You, Miss Scissors are truly the Queen of the sewing room, and you certainly have my respect.
    Why thank you kindly. I can tell you know royalty when you see it. I shall tell Mr Seam Ripper and Mr Rotary Cutter that a fine young lady as yourself recognize me as the best. That will show them!
    VETERAN
    n. [VET-ER-AN]
    For Stepping On
    The American Flag!

7. Thanks PrettyCurious thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The best was saved for the last! (actually I'm hoping that's not the last one)

Thanks Grampz for my smile today.

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline T. View Post
    The best was saved for the last! (actually I'm hoping that's not the last one)

Thanks Grampz for my smile today.
    Heck no it's not the last. The fabrics need to speak, the cutting mat, etc. Just keep your eyes peeled for more. lol Thank you for letting me know you liked it.
    VETERAN
    n. [VET-ER-AN]
    For Stepping On
    The American Flag!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Grampz - I may suggest (to the dismay of all our wonderful forum friends) that you consider holding back on your notions stories and compile them into a true notions quilt that could be published and sold. You, my friend, are GIFTED! Loving your stories.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."