Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here is the last tote bag using the 4 patch. Will be loading more soon

Not sure if I really like the way this turned out. The 4 patch pattern seems out of proportion to the size of the bag. Will have to resize and do a revised version. I give all my bag away until I can come up with a proto type I can sell. I am still experimenting with bag dimension, shape and added hardware.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bagusing floating 4 patch.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	156.9 KB 
ID:	138359  

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Here is the last tote bag using the 4 patch. Will be loading more soon

That is really nice.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

3. Thanks Daniel Becker thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Here is the last tote bag using the 4 patch. Will be loading more soon

I like it! But, I'm a small bag buyer. I don't wear make up, carry a phone or extra clothes. Think about who you are selling to is my only advice.

Lorie

5. Thanks Daniel Becker thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Nice bag! I like the patchwork sides and that it has zippers. I'm a small bag carrier, too, but know some ladies that carry larger ones. Just keep experimenting. I think you'll get what you want soon.
    Bec

7. Thanks Daniel Becker thanked for this post
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

I like it a lot! Several said they like smaller bags, but I also like briefcase size bags for work.

9. Thanks Daniel Becker thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I like it, Daniel! I don't have a problem with the size of the 4-patches, but I think if you made them smaller, that would also look good. What were you planning on doing?

Love the fancy stitching on the straps, BTW!

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

thank you for the feedback. I've noticed a lot of smaller cross body strap mini-bags being worn out in public. Smaller might be better

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to start experimenting with different shapes and certainly different sizes. Appreciate the feedback. Thanks.

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for the wonderful feedback. I really does help me come up with a line of different sizes and shapes. I do plan on selling once I get it right.

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

thank you for noticing the decorative stitching on the handles Once I get a just right bag or bags, I will put them up for sale. I am still waiting for "shape and soft" flex foam to arrive. Once that comes and it works out, I will be making all bags with this bounce back and lightweight interfacing and I am sure that will change the way I construct everything.