Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here I am again! Just want to say " Please do not let trivial crap ruin your holiday"

I have not posted for a long time but I have been here ....My little sister was diagnosed with lung cancer last summer. She underwent chemo and radiation and was declared cancer free in October. Yay..She was recently having bad headaches so had a scan yesterday...bad news...she has brain cancer. They said they would begin more chemo and radiation in January...I am pissed..why could they not wait 3 days to tell her and allow her a half decent christmas...my 85 year old parents are devastated...both wishing" they could just die now!" I am so aware now that all the little crap I have been stressing about re Christmas is so Not Important..When I get to see them I will hug my kids and grandbabies so much tighter this year. Now I am stressing about what to expect with her and how to deal with it ...I am unsure about what her symptoms will be and how to prepare for it...anyone here have any advice ..it would be appreciated...Val

2. Thanks SallyO'Sews thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Here I am again! Just want to say " Please do not let trivial crap ruin your holiday"

So sorry to hear that she will be going thru more treatments, but sending prayers and hugs.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Here I am again! Just want to say " Please do not let trivial crap ruin your holiday"

I am mad with you and for you!!! I understand that plans need to be made ahead of time for treatment, etc. but really, the insensitivity of it-- telling her right before Christmas!! I mean you are so right, this couldn't wait another week?! Sorry I have no advice for you, it sounds like you are going to be in the awful position of the go between between your sister and your parents. You vent here whenever and however often you need to. My DH is being treated for cancer right now too so I know a little about the battle you are going through.

5. Thanks mommadeb thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've lost too many people to cancer. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

7. Thanks mommadeb thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sending prayers for you and your family...
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry, saying prayers for her and the whole family.
    My best friend is going thru the exact same thing with her husband.
    He had brain surgery for cancer several years ago. This year it came back.
    He is finishing up radiation , at least 4 weeks, maybe a bit more.
    Then he will start a year of chemo. Be prepared for a personality change.
    Remember a lot of things will be out of her control, and that will bring
    on frustration on everyone's part. Be as positive as you can be.
    God bless.

10. Thanks mommadeb thanked for this post
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way.
    Patrice S

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry. Sending hugs and prayers to you, your sister and family.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending prayers your way.
    Cindy

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

As a lung cancer survivor myself, and having lost way to many friends and family to that awful disease, my heart hurts for you. I think about the what ifs frequently. I agree they could have waited til after Christmas to tell her. Sending prayers your way.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......