Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Here I am again! Just want to say " Please do not let trivial crap ruin your holiday"

I agree -- a wise decision to opt for quality not quantity. Maximize your memories & take things one day at a time. Most hospice teams are wonderful. There usually are a chaplain & a social worker/psychologist available to the patient & family. They can help you through this tough time. God bless you all. This is not an easy road to travel.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Here I am again! Just want to say " Please do not let trivial crap ruin your holiday"

Update on my sis...My sweet niece picked me up to go visit her today....I was warned not to ask her a million questions.it upsets her. I was shocked by what I saw but I kept my game face on and just had a really nice visit. The first thing she said to me as I hugged her so tightly was ok...none of this s**t ok..She is a skeleton with a steroid face but the biggest change was her personality...seriously angry at every little thing..As I watched her interact with her daughter I felt so sad for my niece...God love her...it will take a lot of patience to get through this...I don't think my sis even realizes what she is doing. This is what I had so many questions about...what will be the progression...what is going to happen to her from here on in? I hope we can get some truthful answers soon...I cannot interfere here..it is a very delicate situation..Went to see my parents after just to try and make them aware that it is not good. Well that did not happen...I did not even try to tell them. I did not offer them any false hope either..I think they know in their hearts so we will have to let it all play out from here on in. We lost my brother in law to cancer at the tender age of 32 He was just newly married.It was a direct result of being a firefighter at a chemical fire..that was tough he was so young...but this is just as tough for me now..we seem to be jinxed in this family..Sorry to sound melodramatic but this family has had so much terrible crap happen in the last few years...I think I am just stunned and feeling so down and helpless right now...When I think I could not possibly shed another tear well they just start pouring out! Thank you for listening to me...it is my outlet to unburden here

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I did tell my niece about our hospice here and told her to check it out as it may become too hard to care for Sue at home soon..thank you

4. Thanks Midge thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

...And your sister's name is Sue; so was mine
    Your sister's confusion, anger, what seems to be out of control, can, and probably will, get worse. Tumors in the brain are unpredictable in some ways. Don't try to correct her if she is adamant about something...just agree. Agitation is common...no amount of consoling or talking will calm her, in fact, it might make her more agitated. She will get to the point where she is unsafe to be home alone. She won't eat...don't fret about this... Hospice is a fantastic resource. They can help with symptom management (agitation, pain, nausea, vomiting, etc.), they can provide services for family members...grief counseling, etc. Take advantage of them...that is what they are for. Even if your niece does not go with Hospice...you can still use them for your comfort. Just give them a call. Lastly...we are all friends here...we are here for you to vent and unburden...don't apologize for that.
    LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We are all here for you and will listen anytime you need to talk. Many hugs and prayers out to you and your family.