Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Here I am again! Just want to say " Please do not let trivial crap ruin your holiday"

I have no advice to offer but I will add my prayers to the long list here.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Here I am again! Just want to say " Please do not let trivial crap ruin your holiday"

I'm so sorry about your sad news. You and your family will definitely be in my prayers.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

"And lets think of the Dr. telling her right now. At least you know it is probably your last Christmas with her so it will be a time to really focus on the memories and the being together. Love her and let life go on as normally as you can. Don't make drama part of these last days."
    Grammaterry: been thinking of your words all weekend. You are so right. Could be her last Christmas, so make every second count. Thank you for putting this in perspective.

4. Thanks Mimis-quilts thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry your sister has to face this battle again. I will keep her, and your family in my prayers.
    And although the news came at a bad time, please remember, there is never a good time to receive this kind of diagnosis, and it's impossible to receive bad news "too soon", but all too possible to receive it "too late".

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

No advice, other than to take it one day at a time, and put everything in God's hands as you go. But do know that I will be praying for you and yours. Warm quilty cyber-hugs to you!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So so sorry to hear this - I have no advice other than to love her as best as you can.
    ***Kathy***

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Terry; Thank you so much for your honesty...My sister went to see radiation doc with her girls and hubby. My niece told me that it was futile...it has spread to her pelvis and adrenal gland...after learning the side effects of radiation the girls told her what they thought and she was immediately relieved! She has opted for quality not quantity. Her choice. I will be seeing her tomorrow hopefully and hope I can just be strong for her even though as I type this I am a blubbering fool! Life is so cruel sometimes!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sending hugs and prayers to you, your sister and family.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry to hear this about your sister. Knowing the eventual outcome, I believe she made the right choice. I am an oncology nurse and I see too many people pushing the limits of medicine in hopes of beating cancer, when in all reality, nothing can be done to cure a person. Quality time spent with family is so much more important, and as long as she can keep her symptoms under control, she is better off. Spend as much time as you can with her...I lost my sister to a brain aneurysm, that took her quickly...oh what I wouldn't give to be able to spend some time with her. God bless you both and your family as well.

Quote Originally Posted by inspired View Post
    Terry; Thank you so much for your honesty...My sister went to see radiation doc with her girls and hubby. My niece told me that it was futile...it has spread to her pelvis and adrenal gland...after learning the side effects of radiation the girls told her what they thought and she was immediately relieved! She has opted for quality not quantity. Her choice. I will be seeing her tomorrow hopefully and hope I can just be strong for her even though as I type this I am a blubbering fool! Life is so cruel sometimes!
    LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

11. Thanks Midge thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Your sister has taken a courageous option. I will pray that her life be full of love for the rest of her days.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?