Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Week 44 Nicey Jane

I get a little irritated at people who are not aware they are blocking someone's path, like at the grocery store. If you're going to stop, just move over a little! Drivers who tailgate are another irritation...and it's dangerous.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

How "Nicey Jane" for you Sarahbelle!

My pet peeve, well peeves, are people who hum to themselves on the commuter train or bus. I am happy that they are happy but come on, I REALLY do not want to hear the tune in your head. Ditto to those loud MP3 player headphones!
    Also, people who ride up or down on the escalator in a mall and then as soon as they get off they decided to stop and assess where they are!!! Hello...lots of people right behind you. My mind pictures the gaping people standing at the bottom of the escalator with people falling into a pile right behind them.
    Both give me that "urge to kill" bubble above my head! LOL
    ps - as someone else said - I am not a mean person but you asked!
    patticake

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

I can't stand it when people clip their nails when I can hear it... especially their toe nails. Gross.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Sara Belle!

Pet peeves - I would have to agree on the ones already mentioned, but I think the one that gets me is call waiting. My time is important too and if you called me, please talk to me. If I called you, please I will wrap up what I want to say and then you can call the other person back.

Hugs,
    TJ
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

I volunteer at a resale shop for a charity for disabled children and young adults. My patience gets low when the resale item cost is already cut in half after one month, and the shopper still asks for an additional discount. We have no paid staff, not even management. After rent and utilities the money all goes to the residents. It's a charity for heaven sakes.

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: Week 44 Nicey Jane

One of my biggest pet peeve's is leaving the toilet seat up after use. Also cell phone use when in public and call waiting hate to be put on hold or I will call you back.

Judy/Sisterquilt

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

I heart nicey jane SO. MUCH.

Most of my biggest pet peeves are little things my husband does; I'm sure he'd say the same about me . However, I really can't stand it when people just space out in the grocery store, taking up the whole aisle, and can't be bothered to realize that there are other people shopping too. Simple courtesies like that make the world go round!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Week 44 Nicey Jane

Quote Originally Posted by cristiS View Post
    I heart nicey jane SO. MUCH.

Most of my biggest pet peeves are little things my husband does; I'm sure he'd say the same about me . However, I really can't stand it when people just space out in the grocery store, taking up the whole aisle, and can't be bothered to realize that there are other people shopping too. Simple courtesies like that make the world go round!
    HAHAH!! I was going to say that about my husband!

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats SarahBelle!

One of my pet peeve is people who are consistently late! I know it happens but for some people that is the norma!
    What is the point about setting a time. I had someone come to a dinner 2 hours late and then give no explanation whatsoever! While the rest of us were patiently waiting!
    Niki (Niurka)

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

My pet peeve is when people are driving and on their cell phones and people who sit at lights and don't move when it changes. People pay attention to what you are doing behind the Wheel.