Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chicken and Dumplings Texas style - for all you freezing up north

http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-a...ocialsharingfb Add carrots and peas and you are good to go. Work with leftover chicken from any source as well. Any flour tortillas work for this.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Chicken and Dumplings Texas style - for all you freezing up north

Sounds good!
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That makes for a pretty tasteless "dumpling". I'll stick with the real ones.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Shirley, I am with you. I make homemade noodles and when they have dried after cutting them up, I drop them into the boiling chicken and broth mixture. Then when they are almost done, I drop dumpling mixture on top, cover the pot, and let them cook for about 10 minutes until they are nice and light and fluffy. Yum!
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

The expert on "tasteless" notwithstanding - these sound good, thanks!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thats TWO experts, actually........

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

My ex MIL makes the best scratch dumplings ever. I'm sure yours are wonderful too. "That said," this "recipe" is great for college kids/young adults that aren't about to try making dumplings.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This is a quick recipe I would try. My hubby loves chicken and dumplings. Thanks for posting.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

While this sounds good it is not chicken and dumplings, give me good old fashioned dumplings.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wlrquilts View Post
    While this sounds good it is not chicken and dumplings, give me good old fashioned dumplings.
    I am always open to new and better tasting recipes. What is your's for good old fashioned dumplings. Maybe I can get DH to eat chicken and dumplings more often (he doesn't like chicken, but does enjoy my chicken and dumplings). I would love to see a new recipe. Thanks.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon