Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chicken and Dumplings Texas style - for all you freezing up north

http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-a...ocialsharingfb Add carrots and peas and you are good to go. Work with leftover chicken from any source as well. Any flour tortillas work for this.

2. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Chicken and Dumplings Texas style - for all you freezing up north

Sounds good!
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That makes for a pretty tasteless "dumpling". I'll stick with the real ones.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Shirley, I am with you. I make homemade noodles and when they have dried after cutting them up, I drop them into the boiling chicken and broth mixture. Then when they are almost done, I drop dumpling mixture on top, cover the pot, and let them cook for about 10 minutes until they are nice and light and fluffy. Yum!
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

6. Thanks shirleyknot thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

The expert on "tasteless" notwithstanding - these sound good, thanks!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thats TWO experts, actually........

9. Thanks vickiep thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This is a quick recipe I would try. My hubby loves chicken and dumplings. Thanks for posting.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

While this sounds good it is not chicken and dumplings, give me good old fashioned dumplings.

12. Thanks shirleyknot thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

My ex MIL makes the best scratch dumplings ever. I'm sure yours are wonderful too. "That said," this "recipe" is great for college kids/young adults that aren't about to try making dumplings.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like an interesting recipe. I have a different recipe, but it uses tortillas as well. I started using them when I learned how they make them at the rodeo here every year. I loved their chicken & dumpling and they said it was tortillas. I was very surprised, thinking they would be a big blob of a mess in a bowl. But I tried it and it's the best ever. Not tasteless at all!

15. Thanks Monique thanked for this post