Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default wow, miss a week

Been gone for the last week. Had to go to DC to help out when my son's GF had a double mastectomy. Fortunately all went well with best possible outcome. It was caught at stage 1. She had the surgery last Monday and is getting along fairly well. She still has moderate pain , but otherwise is feeling pretty good.
    Biggest problem has been driving. She can't drive while taking the heavy pain meds, so I had to take her to a couple follow up appts. One was in downtown Georgetown, which is in DC . That was the most nerve wracking drive I have done in quite some time. So glad my car has GPS and lets me know well in advance what lane I need to be in.
    She has a couple more appts on tues, but my son can get her to those. Even had to drive her up to Baltimore to school to give a presentation on Sat. She is a very stubborn person and insisted on going because it was her final class and she didn't want to fail because she didn't get it done. She has done all the schooling for being an acupuncturist and is now licensed in Maryland, and is now working on her doctorate.
    Just wanted to get home today to beat the snow storm that is headed this way this week.
    Dolores

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: wow, miss a week

Wow, you're brave to take on that traffic! Glad she is doing well, and you were able to make it home OK.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I beg to differ, but I think the drive thru the thunder and lightening you dragged me thru was pretty harrowing!! I'm lucky I didn't die! (You know, like when I kind of hit that one button on the GPS.....)

Welcome back!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    I beg to differ, but I think the drive thru the thunder and lightening you dragged me thru was pretty harrowing!! I'm lucky I didn't die! (You know, like when I kind of hit that one button on the GPS.....)

Welcome back!
    Yea, just dont mess with my gps. Lol
    Dolores

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You girls never fail to make me laugh. So glad that the surgery went well, prayers for good healing for you sons GF.
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've been on that same street in Georgetown without a GPS and without bubba as my co-pilot!

Welcome home. My weather map shows you may be in for a white day tomorrow.

(I missed you and tried to keep your WA friend in line, but both of us know she is incorrigible.)
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My son lives in MD. He & his wife drive in that traffic back there all the time. No thank you. The beltway can be a mess. Glad you survived those driving excursions.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

The Beltway is a giant parking lot most of the time! My DS and DDIL lived in D.C. about 7 years in 2 tours of duty at the Pentagon. They seldom used their cars. The Metro was much faster. I've driven in and out of Alexandria, Crystal City, and another place about 2 miles off the beltway. It's no fun. Even Chicago is better!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am sure they both think you are a godsend....and a very brave one to drive in DC! Hope your travels home were safe and you neat the snow.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My son has been down there about 5 years now. They live just south of DC in Lorton Va, but only about 10 minutes from the beltway. It takes about 6 hours driving from here, and we time our arrivals and departures around certain hours of the day. Once there they do all the driving usually. My travel days this time were both on the weekend, so that helped. Georgetown has narrow streets and a kazillion cars.
    There was just a dusting of snow all the way home till I was within 5 miles of my house. It was like all the snow fell in my neighborhood. More coming mon through wed. At least I am more familiar with the area now.
    Dolores