Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pantone color of the year 2017

I don't think this green is that bad. I actually have a white and green check in that color. I was thinking of using it in a picnic quilt.

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by midnightline View Post
    Actually the Pantone colors of the year for 2016 were baby pink and baby blue shades. Moda was the one with the near-bright yellow. I haven't seen any news on Moda's color of the year, so who knows what sort of fabric we're in for.
    You're right! I remember thinking a revival of the rose and blue from the 80's/90's and there were a lot of fabric lines that had shades of pink and blue last year.
    Donna

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm ignorant - I don't have a clue what you all are talking about. But I hate fads and I don't let others tell me what colors to use in sewing, clothing, decorating, etc. I have my own tastes and I use colors and fabrics that appeal to me, personally.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterFrawg View Post
    I guess I'm ignorant - I don't have a clue what you all are talking about. But I hate fads and I don't let others tell me what colors to use in sewing, clothing, decorating, etc. I have my own tastes and I use colors and fabrics that appeal to me, personally.
    http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/index.aspx

Pantone is a company/organization/institute that works with color, don't know how to describe it other than that. I LOVE color and it just interests me what the trends are, but I agree - I use what I like, regardless of whether it is "in" or not. Fashion and Home Dec designers get their color clues for upcoming seasons from Pantone. When the new fabric lines come out, you will see lots of those colors included.
    Last edited by dwil23; December 10th, 2016 at 09:23 PM.
    Donna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwil23 View Post
    http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/index.aspx

Pantone is a company/organization/institute that works with color, don't know how to describe it other than that. I LOVE color and it just interests me what the trends are, but I agree - I use what I like, regardless of whether it is "in" or not. Fashion and Home Dec designers get their color clues for upcoming seasons from Pantone. When the new fabric lines come out, you will see lots of those colors included.
    I loved the description for this year. So thoughtful. I saw a segment on TV about it last week. Wish I could remember who broadcast it.

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Green is my favorite color. Just about any shade will do. I'm sure I have some of that in my stash already.
    Cindy

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Since Pantone consists of mixing basic colors like CMYK in certain proportions, paint stores use it, too. You don't like this year's color?
    Go get a paint chip that matches what you want, and match the chip to fabric.

I still have some outdated Pantone swatches bought for design class. You gave the printer the number you wanted, and that's what he'd use. I can still use them for matching fabric if I don't have a fabric swatch in my stash.

CMYK - 4 color printing process. Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black (K)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's ok, don't love it or hate it but really I don't see the point of declaring a color of the year.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

It wouldn't take much to beat last years pink and blue 80's revamp, imo. I like the vibrancy of this one. I could work with this.
    Heather

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjkaiser View Post
    I think it's ok, don't love it or hate it but really I don't see the point of declaring a color of the year.
    Think of it like a dog show, it's a trend. Just because a Wolfhound wins doesn't mean you have to go get one. lol

Lorie

11. Thanks sydneybean thanked for this post