Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default I was overwhelmed tonight at the Shriners dinner

Each year, the Shriners that I work with have a wonderful dinner that they charge us to go to. Remember, every penny they raise goes to the children and they don't take any of the money to have a party. But these old guys invited DH and myself and we closed the restaurant and went.
    They honored me and embarrassed me by bringing me up to the front and thanking me for all the good work I had done. Believe me, these guys work harder than anyone I know and they put in time and money all year long. Plus, remember, I didn't do this all by myself, I had you all to thank for many of the quilts that we raffled and sold. The quilts brought in 30 percent of the total for the year and they raved about how grateful they were for our service.
    So, I wanted to tell all of you that blessed the Shriners this year, we have been thanked.
    Two of the members handed me a card that they and their wives wanted me to have for Christmas. It was a gift card for Hobby Lobby. They thought I would need supplies. Wasn't that thoughtful?

And, for the real kicker...3 of my personal quilts sold today...yeah! I sold them for $1100 and donated half that amount to the Shriners tonight . The rest will go in the supply kitty. I couldn't feel more blessed than I am today.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I was overwhelmed tonight at the Shriners dinner

30% of their total raised! That is very impressive. Congratulations on being recognized for all your work, and thanks for letting the forum members know how their contributions helped.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

3. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, this was your lucky day! The praise the Shriner's gave you was well deserved, for without your direction there wouldn't have been all the donations. And congratulations on selling your quilts too! A great day!

5. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You have done so much with your many hours and talent to help others

7. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! A job well done & praise well deserved.

9. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! I think it is wonderful that they honored you. It is always so gratifying to know your hard work is appreciated. We are so proud of you !

11. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for sharing! Your dedication to the Shriner's and the leadership you provide makes a huge difference in kids' lives. Good work!

13. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Such a well deserved honor to receive a public thank you! And how great to have your quilts sell the same day and fund the kitty for more great work in 2017!

15. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What a fabulous end to the year for you. I'm sure you felt humbled by the accolades and pleased to sell the quilts - more fabric to keep up the excellent work you do for the benefit of others!!

17. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Terry, Congratulations!!! Recognition for your sizable contribution to the Shriners is well deserved!!! Your efforts make all of us that quilt look good! You make me proud to be a part of the quilting community. Thank you for your time,talent and monetary donations which inspire the rest of us to do the same.
    Every great human achievement is preceded by extended periods of dedicated, concentrated effort-Brian Tracy

Life is not a rehearsal!

19. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post