Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Terrible Problem!!

I just got into quilting seriously a year ago. I find I have a very grave problem. I m sure none of the rest of you have it.
    I find I cannot sew fast enough. I have projects lined up ahead of me. No deadlines just projects I want t o do.
    I have two queen tops finished and need to sandwich and quilt but I keep seeing other projects I want to do. Oh my what is one supposed to. LOL Just got more material today to go toward Jenny's next to last tut. I just can't keep up.
    I am just going to have to stay off the computer until I catch up...NOT...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Terrible Problem!!

Quote Originally Posted by Muriel View Post
    I just got into quilting seriously a year ago. I find I have a very grave problem. I m sure none of the rest of you have it.
    I find I cannot sew fast enough. I have projects lined up ahead of me. No deadlines just projects I want t o do.
    I have two queen tops finished and need to sandwich and quilt but I keep seeing other projects I want to do. Oh my what is one supposed to. LOL Just got more material today to go toward Jenny's next to last tut. I just can't keep up.
    I am just going to have to stay off the computer until I catch up...NOT...
    Oh Dear! You are right - no one else here has THAT problem! (especially NOT ME)

So sorry to hear you have been afflicted!
    Donna

3. Thanks Muriel thanked for this post
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I have been quilting for ove 20 years and have not found the cure. It is easing up a bit but I still have some major flare ups from time to time. If you find what helps please let the rest of us know

5. Thanks Muriel, ucarrieme thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Haha I hear you!! If only I could quit my job and have all our meals delivered---and drat here comes Christmas, which of course will make me even further behind. Some people fall asleep counting sheep. Not me. I fall asleep thinking about quilt projects, patterns, fabric...

7. Thanks Sylvia H, Juliet Taylor, Muriel thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The sleep issue has me too. I dream about FMQ. Back when I hand quilted I would piece and then I would quilt and I managed to do two to three quilts a year. Occassionally 4. But then, you all turned me on to FMQ and I am so far behind. I piece, I quilt, I piece, I go back to quilt, I piece and I draw and I piece and I plan and I watch tutorials and I make lists and I feel compelled to hurry on to the next one. I have more fabric than I ever dreamed of and yet, I keep buying and planning. I don't even know what I would do with these quilts If I weren't working with the Shriners and giving them up for charity.

9. Thanks Muriel thanked for this post
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

LOL I am so glad to know that I am not alone in this... I am wondering listening to you all and knowing my self if we have a happy problem. Maybe we need an intervention. Love it.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have so many UFOs, WIP, finished quilt tops waiting to be sandwiched & quilted, & patterns dancing in my head! I think all of us quilters think similarly about this. Also, my fabric stash will outlive me, I'm sure. I know there's an abbreviation used on this Forum for that, but I've forgotten what it is. But I keep plugging along. I tell myself I won't start another project until I finish at least 1 or 2 tops, but then something comes along & I just have to try that one! I'm working on 3 dif. quilts right now: the Broken Orange Peel, the Prairie Flower, & a Rail Fence. So join the club. We all have the same problem.

12. Thanks Muriel thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You are preaching to the choir on this one. I'd be surprised if anyone didn't have the same problem.

14. Thanks Irene221b thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

JCY, it's STABLE - stash accumulation beyond life expectancy.

16. Thanks Muriel thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I have only been quilting about a year and a half. When I first started I promised myself there would be zero UFOs, only buy fabric when I had the quilt project already in mind, and work on each quilt start to finish, then start the next one...

All that, of course...went right out the window

18. Thanks Muriel thanked for this post