Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 11/16/16 - A cure for quilt withdrawal ...

Sylvia you bed quilt is awesome! Your fmq is amazing!!!!!

I've been away again. We moved our son to Toronto, so now the house is empty. I've been looking for work, but that's not going as well as I would like it to be. Ah well. I've been busy making Christmas gifts. Slippers, scarves, aprons, tea cosies and microwave bowls . I'm making some pretty good progress. We put up the tree on Sunday, which makes me smile because I really love the Christmas season. I've got 9 oversized Christmas fat quarters (3 different fabrics, all coordinating) that I've had for a long time. I'm thinking of making a tree skirt with them. Just going to make a 36-40" square quilt and maybe trim the edges like Jenny shows in the tutorial. As of today I am busy overthinking the pattern as usual....

Terri

2. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=ilive2craft2;920121 ,,,

What pattern are you using for the reading pillows? That might be a better alternative to the pillow pet for the older kids.[/QUOTE]

I thought I had posted info on the instructions, but I can't find the post (maybe I did so on Facebook.) I will get the information to you, either later today or tomorrow.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

4. Thanks ilive2craft2 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just pluggin' away at getting the border quilted on the illusion quilt. lost my mojo when the temp dropped down to the 40's for a hi. I think I may have a few bears in my ancestry tree.. all I want to do is hibernate.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corner border.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	137299

6. Thanks cv quilter, Sylvia H, ilive2craft2 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am finishing up the quilt panels with tree and reindeer with lights for my grandchildren for their rooms . The oldest GD came and got hers yesterday, she was very happy and surprised. And then I got to get back to my many UFO s.
    I too have really missed amazing race. I haven't heard why it is not on this year.

8. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Last night I made a string of Christmas bunting for my GS - got it sewn on to bought bias binding tape and when I was measuring the finished item I realised the "fold under" part was only scant 1/8 inch so I didn't catch it when I sewed it down IYKWIM.

Can't decide if I want to unpick or just sew another line just on the edge on the basis that it won't be seen when it's up on the wall!!! Sigh!! What a dilemma!!!

10. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

JCY, I thought I had watched the first episode of season 29, but I just checked the website and can't find any from this season. My DD and I LOVE The Amazing Race. It was always our special time.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Judy View Post
    I'm just pluggin' away at getting the border quilted on the illusion quilt. lost my mojo when the temp dropped down to the 40's for a hi. I think I may have a few bears in my ancestry tree.. all I want to do is hibernate.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corner border.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	137299
    I am looking forward to seeing the finished quilt. Thank you for posting the border quilting. It looks so lovely. I was kicking myself when I quilted my last border - that I hadn't ordered the paper guides that you used. This is definitely something on my to do list for 2017.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia H View Post
    I am looking forward to seeing the finished quilt. Thank you for posting the border quilting. It looks so lovely. I was kicking myself when I quilted my last border - that I hadn't ordered the paper guides that you used. This is definitely something on my to do list for 2017.
    Sylvia.... I found the paper template on line... And the corner I drew out on letter size paper. I printed out about 24 pages + 4 corners to get all the way around the quilt.. which measures. 53 x 60 finished.
    No binding.. just did the turn method (sewing front to back with wrong sides out then turned everything so right sides were out).

I hope to get better photos soon.. it's gonna rain the next couple of days..

14. Thanks Claire Hallman, Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the border quilting. I hadn't thought about paper templates. That will be a good way for me to do some quilting on my Tiara. Thanks for posting.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

16. Thanks Claire Hallman, Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi friends, I've missed you all! My mom came to visit for 2 weeks and I've been sewing up some clothes for the kids...

I had to make a white dress with a blue satin sash for my daughter's debute in the school talent show. She had an amazing performance!

I've also helped a friend who designs patterns with testing a few out, with great results! It is fun but time consuming.
    DD made the cover page of this one though:
    http://candycastlepatterns.com/patte...%20add-on.html

I'm catching up on work projects these days and getting my head above water in the classroom as well. This full time job, long term guest, part time pattern tester is crazy!!

Other highlights recently... Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them was here IN ENGLISH, and I loved it!! I've also started a 3000 piece puzzle. I'm crazy!! LOL!

18. Thanks Claire Hallman, Sylvia H thanked for this post