• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kjohnson
    Batting Beauty
    • Jul 2010

Need held on enlarging quilt pattern to full or queen size

I'm interested in doing the Chevron Block quilt in the 2015 Fall issue of Block Magazine, but the quilt dimensions are shown as 75 x 91, which is not quite a full size. So am I right in thinking I can just increase the number of block going both directions and keep the pattern going as it is? I know this sounds really stupid, but I want to make sure I don't end up with some kind of crazy size. I'm thinking adding larger borders might help too. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by kjohnson; November 14, 2016, 08:41 AM. Reason: Title should say " Need Help"
  • kjohnson
    Batting Beauty
    • Jul 2010

Re: Need help on enlarging quilt pattern to full or queen size

Sorry - I didn't check my spelling in the title - it should say "Need Help" Obviously I do!

Comment

• seaturtle
      Missouri Star
      • Jul 2015

Re: Need held on enlarging quilt pattern to full or queen size

I like the first title better, lol.

I made a chevron and enlarged just doing what you said. I added until it was the size I wanted it. I just had to accept the fact that I might have 1/2 of a chevron in the last block going across the quilt. Hope that makes sense.
      Cindy

Comment

• kjohnson
        Batting Beauty
        • Jul 2010

Yes, it does. Thanks.

Comment

• kensington
          Missouri Star
          • Jul 2012

I enlarge based on the size of the block. When you make your HST's for the Chevron using a Layer Cake the HST should come out 6.5 inches. So by adding 6inches finished to the Width and Length you can figure out how much more fabric you need and how big it will be.

Example... if Width is 75, by adding 2 Hst's to the width, you add 12 inches. So the width then becomes 87.

to figure out how many you need to lengthen, it's the same... Then add how many are in the added rows... to find out how many Layer Cake squares you need to make the Hst's to get the overall Length and Width you want. HTH.

Comment

Working...
          X