Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sticks and Stones Quilt

I had the wonderful experience of visiting MSQC this past summer. While there I took pictures of my favorite quilts including Sticks and Stones. After I left I saw that somehow I had missed this picture. I seem to remember that there was no white in the quilt on display. I am getting ready to make my quilt and wondered if I am remembering it correctly since all the pictures in BLOCK and on the website use white. Does the display quilt have white squares? If not, what color was used for the squares and border? Is it possible to post a picture of the quilt on display in your store? My very sweet husband drove 15 hours from Virginia to bring me this summer and I am hoping to talk him into another trip soon! Thank you for any help you may provide.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sticks and Stones Quilt

If you go to YouTube & watch the tutorial, Jenny used small white squares. The other strip pieces are batiks.

3. Thanks radvtma thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You can make the quilt in any colors you like.
    Joan

5. Thanks radvtma thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Someone on here may have a picture of the Sticks and Stones quilt and be able to post it for you. I just looked through my pics from the retreat and I didn't take that one. I seem to remember a tan/beige for the 'stones'. But as stationarymom said, you can use any colors you would like.

Welcome to the forum!
    Cindy

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Cindy. I appreciate your help.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Suggestion: Go to the category Show & Tell, enter Sticks & Stones Quilt in the search box, then browse through the postings. Grammaterry has a pic posted there of her quilt. You might find others.

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    Suggestion: Go to the category Show & Tell, enter Sticks & Stones Quilt in the search box, then browse through the postings. Grammaterry has a pic posted there of her quilt. You might find others.
    Thank you for this idea. I have not used this Forum very much and am still not very familiar with it. I would never have thought to check Show & Tell.