Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sorry

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sorry

I read everyones post here daily and like the others I have missed your comments on here. I just want to say we all need you in our lives and you do much for all. I have no answers for you, I am so sorry. One thing keep posting and we all want and need you in our lives. I do wish I was closer to come and visit you. Love and sincere thoughts and prayers to you.

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Sandy, as everyone else has said, we have missed you very much. I too wish I lived closer so I could help you out. I am going to try to find out what services are available in your area. I have a younger friend that lives in Cincinnati that can help me out with that. Please, please, talk to your family, and your minister if you have one. If you could send me some private info in a PM , I would so appreciate it.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sandy, your post is so sad and so telling. How much I wish, along with others, that I could be of some help to you. Feel blessed that you still have family, and allow them to feel needed by you. They needed you for years and I'm sure you never failed to be there for them. They absolutely need to be told about the depression and helplessness you are feeling. So many of us are aging and facing some of the same things you are currently facing. Your post is actually very informative about what may be in store for each of us, and you have actually been very helpful in being so open and forthcoming with your sadness and depression. I am not thankful that you are in the state you are in, nor am I happy for your post, but I do thank you for the courage it took to put your sadness and depression into words. MY heart is saddened for you and I am going to say many prayers for you. PLEASE, give your family the gift of knowing your feelings and the depression you are feeling, so they can pull together to help you. God Bless you, Sandy. God has not forgotten you. He has given you family and friends who can help you. Let them.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sandy first i'm happy to see you on the forum.I'm really sorry that your life seems to be in so much turmoil right now.I can completely understand how you feel though.I have never been able to drive and when I was in my early 30's I began having seizures that caused me to fall and I lost my job and went through the same useless feeling that you are feeling now.I spoke with my priest and he would come to my home once a week so I had someone to talk or vent to,this was helpful.Have you called your local senior center? they usually have a day to go to stores and things like that and you could ask if someone would pick you up to take you to the activities etc.. . I hope you feel better soon if not please call anyone for help(I used to call operators because I was so desperate just reach out you should still have my number call me
    Joan

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Sandy, your post today broke my heart. I feel so helpless to help you. Everyone gave you a list of action items and I know how hard it is to do even one of them when you are feeling the way you are feeling! I rarely cry when I read a post, but I've cried buckets since reading your comments. Please read the private message that I have posted to you. Love and hugs, Bev
    Bev

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sandy I too echo what everyone else has said here. I would definitely gather the family and have a talk. Maybe show them this post you wrote here so they understand. Hoping you find a solution maybe with the senior center or a church group if you belong. Your family needs to know and should be helping you in time of need.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sandy, like the others.....I'm sorry to hear what you are going through. I do agree the first thing you should do is tell your family everything you are feeling. I like Iris Girls suggestion. Show them your post if you need too. They may not realize that you feel isolated and depressed.

Definitely make arrangements to talk with a therapist or counselor.....someone qualified to help you through this depression. Your doctor or your local NAMI office can help direct you to a therapist.

This link might be of help for transportation. They provide transportation to quite a few places including a senior center. The senior center may have daily activities. That would give you others to socialize with.

http://cassdelivers.org/transportation/

We care about you. Please tell your family. That will be the first step towards feeling better. We will praying for you.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sandy, I was so saddened by your post. Prayers lifted for all of your needs. Your situation reminds me of my mother. It is very difficult when you've been very independent all your life and then gradually, or even suddenly, you need to ask others for help. Above all, God knows your situation. Prayer works! Even if that prayer brought you the courage to enter your post. It was a first step to getting you the help you need. Sure wish I was near to you and could help. I agree with what everyone else has posted with compassionate and helpful suggestions. I do know that the Center for Aging is extremely helpful. They sent out someone to assess my Mom to get her what she needed. Your family needs to really know what is going on. Please keep posting and let us know what is going on. We all care about you, even if we haven't met you in person.
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sandy, I cannot add to all the great advice you have been given, but I will add my sentiments that you are a valuable member of this group and are so important to us. We treasure you as a forum friend and when you are gone, you are so missed! Keep hanging out with us and sharing. We are here for you.

My prayers are with you every day. Hugs!!
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Sandy, honey - my heart is aching for you right now! Hugs and prayers to you
    I'll echo what others have said. Reach out to Senior services and/or your church, neighborhood group, etc.
    I do know that my parents get free delivery from a local supermarket - they call the store every Monday, and give the store a list. Everyone knows them there because they have shopped there for years! They also have something called 'the ride', where they can set up a ride with 24 hours notice. Now, they do live in a large city, so you'll have to research what is available in your area. Definitely start with Senior Services.
    I wish I could do more than give suggestions
    Hugs...