Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bread

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bread

Where can I buy it? I have never seen it or heard of it here in Alabama.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just recently bought it at Kroger's.
    Excellent bread and even better toasted!
    Happy Quilting!

3. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I also love some toast for breakfast but I need to avoid products made with white flour so that kind of limits my choices. I'm interested in a tasty good for you breads so the seeded and grain breads might be just what I've been looking for. Don't belong to Costco any longer but will ask a friend who does to pick me up a loaf of the Grain bread and one of the Good seed.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

If you go to www.daveskillerbread.com you can do a search for stores in you area. Our Walmart has the bread.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Been looking for alternative to 'white bread' and just checked site you reference and find that my local 'Walmart' carries Dave's Killer Bread - I'm usually in my store every week or so . . . gonna try it! Glad I saw this post!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolnnc View Post
    If you go to www.daveskillerbread.com you can do a search for stores in you area. Our Walmart has the bread.
    NC sayin's from my mama n' daddy, a reminder, lest I forget:

~I’m gonna tan your hide. (You’re about to get a whoopin’.)
    ~set yourself down a spell ~~every day of the week n' twice on Sundays
    ~knock you clean into next week n' then some ~~deader than a door nail
    ~can't get blood from a turnip ~~your neck o'the woods
    ~You're just playing possum (pretendin' to be asleep when you didn't want to get up n' go to school)
    "B"

7. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bscuzz View Post
    Been looking for alternative to 'white bread' and just checked site you reference and find that my local 'Walmart' carries Dave's Killer Bread - I'm usually in my store every week or so . . . gonna try it! Glad I saw this post!
    There are several to pick from but I love the Good Seed. It has a yellow stripe across the front with the words Good Seed in the middle of the strip. That one also comes in a thin cut but I find it's not as soft as the regular. This is an organic bread so it will mold if not used in a timely manner.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm off to shop today and found that they sell this in my market. I wanted to know if anyone likes the Ezekiel breads? It looks pretty hardy online.

I'm feeding the roosters and chickens all the breads in my freezer.

Lorie

10. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    I'm off to shop today and found that they sell this in my market. I wanted to know if anyone likes the Ezekiel breads? It looks pretty hardy online.

I'm feeding the roosters and chickens all the breads in my freezer.
    The Ezekiel bread is okay if you are a real heath nut (I'm not). It comes frozen and being raised in the south it just isn't soft enough for me. It reminds me to much of the 100% whole wheat bread that tastes like cardboard.
    The Good Seed Bread has a softer texture and excellent taste. It also makes great toast and holds up well under grape jelly DH loves it made into BLT but still fights for white bread if he's eating a tomato sandwich.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Aww darn. I just googled it and see it is made in Milwaukie, Oregon, too bad I live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and it is not available in a 25 mile radius. But I will try it if I ever get the chance.

13. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've used Dave's Killer bread for several years. Love it! I liked the yellow pkg. with all the good seeds, etc., until I started having dental work done. Can't risk chomping down on the seeds or hard kernels of grain now. I buy one of the other breads that's not so seedy--maybe the whole wheat one. I think I bought the oats one last time. Here it's sold in King Soopers, which is a Kroger store. Reg. price now is $5.29, but it occas. goes on sale. I'm not sure if it's sold much east of the Mississippi River. It can be ordered on line, but would be pricy. I have watched the YT video. A great success story.

15. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post