Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Craftsy is raising my blood pressure!!!!

Just a heads up in case you are planning to make a purchase at this time. I placed an order for a class on Craftsy. My email shows confirmation. I go to the website and sign in. They have totally changed the format and all h*ll has broken loose. The class I purchased is not in my library. Joe and I followed all instructions to try and resolve it. The problem is on their end not ours. There is no one to talk to about problems. Their letter says something like rest assured a human is addressing your concerns. NO WAY! A generic announcement comes back to me every time I try to contact them. They just sent me a "how are we doing - are you happy or unhappy?" ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? Obviously, no human being is actually reading my "complaint slips." They are obviously so overwhelmed with complaints that their "instant chat" is offline. There was nothing wrong with the site the way it was. Why do they have to rock the boat??? I don't think I will ever get this resolved. Next step is to contact my credit card company and dispute the charge. What a pain in the patoot.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Craftsy is raising my blood pressure!!!!

I had a problem with signing into the new site as it kept telling me my password did not match my email. Wha???? I sent a request to reset the password and that did not work either. This was done the weekend they surprized everyone with the new site. After numerous attempts, I did get a decent email explaining the problem..2 days later. It was resolved and yes, you are right, the problem is on their end. Please try to be patient, it will work out. So sorry you are having such a hard time.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Why do they have to rock the boat???
    Sort of like Wal-mart shifting their entire inventory every few years? They seem to LIKE running off customers.

4. Thanks LindaKay75 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I had to re-install my app for my classes to work. I had a lot of trouble with the actual site yesterday. Have not tried today yet.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Today I tried to Change my email adress and the System told me, there is another user with my new mail adress ... this is really impossible, otherwise it would not be accepted by gmail .... it seems they really have a big problem

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I wish they would go back to the old format. I sent in a comment and told them it's very irritating.

And Shirley - I was complaining about Walmart just the other day. It takes way to long to shop there these days because I don't know where anything is!
    Vonnie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This is proof that you should never do a major website update without pretesting. Alan knows that. It's why he asks us to be his guinea pigs when they were going to update the store site and even then they left the old site in place for a good long while before it completely switched over. Craftsy dropped the ball big time with this "upgrade." The videos weren't working half the time. People that purchased patterns couldn't download them. People selling patterns weren't receiving their payment in the correct currency amounts. So if you are in the UK or Canada or some other country other than the US, you were possibly over charged or undercharged for what you purchased since the change.

Craftsy has always been quick to answer their customer service emails, but I would guess they are WAY behind because they are getting slammed from all directions this time. It took 3 days for them to answer an email I sent where it normally takes them a few hours. I did leave a comment on their blog. They had written an article that contained the statement "We think you'll like it!" regarding the new site. My comment said "You were wrong!"
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shirleyknot View Post
    Sort of like Wal-mart shifting their entire inventory every few years? They seem to LIKE running off customers.

Gah! The commissary does that, seems like every 3 years. This last time the layout they did was totally stupid. Nothing makes sense where they put it. Drives me nuts. The condiments (mayo, mustard, ketchup, salad dressing, BBQ sauce, etc) used to be all one one aisle. Now it is in 4 different places.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Rebecca, I totally understand your frustration! Actually I am frustrated with Craftsy and Walmart!

I attempted to sign in to look at my classes a couple of days ago. Thank goodness they are still there but ANYTHING you try to do on that site right now will make you want to scream. I totally agree that they should have just left it alone or certainly made absolutely sure the new one was working properly before making such a huge change.

I really would be frustrated if a purchase wasn't going through properly!

And as far as Walmart goes, I am so tired of them trying to cram their Great Value brand down our throat. We do use some of the Great Value brand items, but sometimes I do want a name brand that I really like. On a lot of items these days, if you don't want Great Value, you are out of luck.

And the other problem, is them constantly being out of things. We come out of there every time still needing something we had on our list.

We complain every time we go and yet still go back! Guess we are gluttons for punishment, certainly for aggravation. I was talking to a couple of other shoppers in there the other day and they had the exact same complaints. We all said we are cutting further and further back on how often we go there and what we buy when we do.

Sorry, got my double rant over for the day! Lol

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally received an email from an actual person at Craftsy today. Let's see how long it takes them to figure out how to add my class to my library.

Another frustration - Joann Fabrics. I grabbed a bolt of fabric and headed to the cut table. I grabbed a number - 61. They were on 55 with only one cutter. I would venture a guess that I waited a half hour to get 3 yds cut. When I got to the checkout line there were probably ten or more people waiting and one cashier. Yikes! I left my stuff for them to hold worried I would be late to pick up my friend from the hospital. Later, I made a second trip to Joann to pick up my purchase. This time there were probably fifteen people ahead of me in line. Grrrr!!!

I have to remind myself that all of these frustrations will pass. There are more important things in life to stress over. Best to leave these smaller concerns behind.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.