Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Prayers For florida

All prayers for those of us who live in Florida in the path of Matthew would be greatly appreciated. We think we're prepared by are we? We don't live on a barrier island so we're not evacuating. Pictures of the roads already look like a parking lot.
    We went through the hurricanes in 2004 but this one promises to be much worse. Additionally, the hurricanes spin off tornadoes. More worries.
    Yes, I'm scared. All I know to do is pray.

Ann in Daytona Beach

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Prayers For florida

I just saw the update on the web that Matthew has been upgraded to a Cat. 4. Let's hope it stays off shore. Thinking of all you folks in FL & along the eastern seaboard. Stay safe.

Binding Belle

I live in Valrico which is NE of Tampa, FL.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello my friends,
    We have been reaching out to family members and friends in Melbourne and surrounding areas offering shelter. No takers so far. My concern is that many folks are underestimating this storm. We have finally cleaned up and repaired the damage from last month's storm and this one will be much worse. I worked as an insurance adjuster for Geico when we had the four hurricanes in the Gulf at the same time a number of years ago. The stories broke my heart. I am now a Red Cross volunteer. Funny that when you sign up and get involved, you do not think the next disaster will be in your backyard. Yes, I am scared, too, because I have experienced this kind of catastrophe before. I think I am rambling now, please forgive. We now have 12 horses, many, many dogs, 6 cats and an African Grey parrot that sings the Star Spangled Banner sheltering here.. Folks are camping out on the porches, in the barn, by the pool, in their RV's and in the house. All the quilts I have made have been put to use. We are making multiple batches of chili for dinner and everyone is getting along great, even the kids. I have video taped the house, inside and out, the tack room, closets, and inventoried our belongings for insurance purposes. I mailed the tapes, all our photo albums, and irreplaceable items to relatives out of state. I have to close again as someone else just pulled in. Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts. More later...
    Last edited by PatinValrico; October 6th, 2016 at 02:48 PM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you all stay safe!
    We have family in Matthew's path(FL. and GA.)
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all so much for your needed prayers during this dangerous hurricane. I'm right in the path of it, West Palm Beach.
    I've been thru many hurricanes but nothing this fierce. I will not sleep any tonight. We are as prepared as one can be.
    Linda

6. Thanks pdjewelrylady, Cathy F thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers from here. I can hardly imagine!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Patin Valrico,
    I don't know what's going on in Melbourne, but many folks from Okkechobee are headed this way to the southwest coast. FT, Meyers news team broadcasted from junction of 27 & 70 this am. Almost a caravan of folks headed out of harm's way. Many folks have stopped in a Wally parking lot ( don't know where.) Those from Okeechobee are afraid of issues with the Hoover Dike.
    Glad to hear things are going well at your place with all the critters and folks.
    Bless you for what you've done . Kathy

9. Thanks pdjewelrylady thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

LindaKay 75
    Prayers offered for your safety, and all those who are in harms way. Keep praying that this storm will turn east like it was suppose to. Hugs & Prayers Kathy

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers offered! Please keep us posted when you're able to.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ann, Linda and other forum friends. We'll be praying that the storm weakens and stays off shore. We evacuated during Hurricane Rita in 2005. It was stressful but necessary. You'll are in our thoughts and prayers.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?